Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helsinki c&c

• 11-06-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

hey all,

I haven't taken much I've been happy with recently, but I took these on a trip recently and while i feel they're a bit better than the recent stuff i've been taking, I'm still not sure... any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

065B02AE24DC48ADA16E1C44E01FF43D-800.jpg

090A4AF87982415097536D9828A13513-800.jpg

33F19FED87BF44ACAD1A1D5A33AFCA0E-500.jpg

077318A6A6D64A208AFA63C1CC9387C9-500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

All 4 are cool images IMHO, especially like 1 + 4. Love the perspective on the chain. The ferris wheel shot is my fav of the bunch. good work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

2nd would be my fav. love the B&W.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

thanks guys! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I really love the pics - I like the style you shoot in.

The only "critique" I have is that you could have just as easily said "Some photo's - C&C please" ...

I think only the Ferris Wheel (my fav esp with the balloon in the background) is the only one that remotely gives away it is "somewhere" else... and looking at your style - I'd say you would have gotten a great alternative shot for some of the more touristy images.

I know - silly comment but that's what I feel is "missing" :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

First pic is great, really like it. Like how the balloon is drifting off to the sun.

Can't decide on the second picture. I think I'd prefer if the front bike was in focus but then it'd be a different shot entirely.

Third one doesn't do anything for me especially. Can't say why either - I've taken a lot like it myself and can never articulate what I don't like about them.

Last one is good. Like the angle you took on it and the black and white.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

sNarah, I know what you mean, none of them are really 'ooh, a new place!', but tbh i just get overexcited saying I was in Helsinki! It's the most interesting place I've been in ages! :P

Promac- I actually have a shot of the bikes with the first in focus, but i didn't feel it had as much interest as this one- I'll post it up later, maybe people could tell me which they prefer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

#1 I love everything about this, the colours , the blacks/contrasts and I do love the balloon in the background.
    Only slight slight quibble is I would've cropped the bit of tree to the left which is distracting.

#2 NOt normally my type of shot but as these shots go it's not bad.

#3 Sorry but if anything this lowers the tone of your other shots. I just don't see anything in it.

#4 Like the angle but again not my thing.

Glad you had a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

The first one and last one are my favorites, nice work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

i love number one

BTW Zoe if you had your pixie set to the black background that I have #1 would look even better again. ;)

• Advertisement

:p I had it on that and wanted to lighten up a bit!!! :D

PS- Dammit but you're right! :cool:

I now I feel a bit tragic constantly posting on my own thread (:rolleyes:) but I did say I'd stick up the other bike shot with the front wheel focus...

77F2559339874E088F360BCB02772A70-800.jpg

i personally prefer the 1st one I posted...

zoegh wrote: »
    PS- Dammit but you're right! :cool:
    LOOKS PRETTY GOOD ON VERY LARGE OVER ON PIXIE SO IT DOES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yup.

So do mine! :P click, click, click!

I had the bright backing on pix too, but some images, in fact most, look better on the darker setting IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Can't decide which I like best now!

Yup.

So do mine! :P click, click, click!

I had the bright backing on pix too, but some images, in fact most, look better on the darker setting IMO.
    Marcus should give us some more colour background options, Red would be a good colour.

Advertisement