Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Africa vs Mexico (Grp A - Fri 3pm)(Mod Note #242)

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

lol at viewers ringin into rte about the horns,wtf do they think rte are gonna do about em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Will Apres Match be on after this?

Not sure. I hope so. Anybody have any idea about Apres Match's schedule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

anplaya wrote: »
    lol at viewers ringin into rte about the horns,wtf do they think rte are gonna do about em

tis the Irish mentality, we love a good moan. I bet there is a Joe Duffy special on them next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

The sound was soothing when mexico scored, i wonder is it just a big thing with the south african fans, time will tell, i live in hope:)

Spud83 wrote: »
    tis the Irish mentality, we love a good moan. I bet there is a Joe Duffy special on them next week.

probably,female viewer ah joe me i hate the way me fella goes on about the horn lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Spud83 wrote: »
    Thats depends are you my boss? :)

Yes I did, started off dodgy but picked up after 20 minutes, and was perfect.

Nah I ask because the RTE link was blocked here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I will never get the horn blowing thing.

You wait 4 years for the biggest football competition on earth. You pay your hard earned money for a ticket which for the average South African is probably a month's wage, and then you spend 90 minutes blowing a horn and probably not even looking at the pitch. Don't the horns block their view of the game. Stupid imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Giles going on about schoolboy soccer, and the big balls they had one week, smaller ones next week, classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

doesn't say on rte.ie just that they'll be along to provide their "unique" perspective

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Just got in to see the second half, pretty entertaining for the opening match I thought. Nerves were definitely on show, lots of needless hoofing at time but there were some nice passages from both teams. Feel a bit sorry for the SA fans that their team weren't able to capitalize on those few great chances, but I hear Mexico were the better team in the first half so probably a fair result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Blanco looks and plays like some of the 40 yr olds I play astro with!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

That Mexico defence, and especially the keeper, will be caught out against Uruguay and France!

Horns are not that annoying if you still have analogue. :)

That Mexico defence, and especially the keeper, will be caught out against Uruguay and France!

Horns are not that annoying if you still have analogue. :)

or deaf lol,the text on rte is workin great btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Headshot wrote: »
    have to agree with Eamo, the bounce on the ball was totally wrong

Why do they have to keep changing the ball for major tournaments though? Is it just a money thing with the sports manufacturing companies?

It must be something like that, as I don't see what was wrong with the normal regulation ball as used in the premier league, la liga etc.

lol at eamonn referring to johnny as 'our senior analyst'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

eamon: ive done it in lillie's alright.

grade A legend ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Good result for South Africa but Mexico will be very disappointed with that. Could be the cause of them not qualifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

the ball was flying high allright, high altitude in Jo'burg ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Ahem, time for Status Quo.

"And I like it, I like it, I like it Tshabalala like it, Tshabalala like it. Here we gooo-oooo ROCKIN' ALL OVER JO'BURG!"

I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

when ever i hear his name ^^^

Amarillo song comes in my head

Sha la la lala lalala
    Sha la la lala lalala
    Sha la la lala lalala

• Advertisement
Advertisement