Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uruguay vs France (Group A - Friday 7:30pm)

• 11-06-2010 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

yhst-7223899490465_2110_10674463576vs yhst-7223899490465_2110_9009741022

logo.png
    FIFA WORLD CUP 2010
    Friday, 11th June 2010
    Green Point Stadium - CapeTown
    KO 19.30 BST / 7:30pm

1186224_full-lnd.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Come on the Guay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

go wan Suárez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I love Uruguay's strike partnership against France's centre-back duo. Abidal has admitted that he hasn't found good chemistry with Gallas yet. This could be to Forlán and Suárez's major advantage.

Question now is, is it an upset for Uruguay to win or France?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Will be very interesting to see how Forlan and Suarez perform together on the big stage. Should be a good game of football this. Needless to say, come on Uruguay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Hope Suarez and Forlan bag a couple of goals here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

fancy uruguay in this one can see france being knocked out in group stages this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Going for Uruguay in this one..And at 3-1 they are a great price..I think there partnership up front is going to be very interesting, with Forlan having a super season in spain and Suaez having a great season with Ajax too..

Also with all the fighting going on in the french camp, and them been upset about Henry not been included in the team, leads me to believe this is a great chance for uruguay and hopfully for me to make some money..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Come on France !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I'm looking forward to seeing Lodeiro play at some point. I've heard great things about him and this will be first time seeing him play.

Also the fact that France are only playing the 1 DM (Toulalan) these days with Lass Diarra out, will mean there's some serious gaps in front of the French defence to be exploited if Uruguay give it a real go with a creator behind Suarez / Forlan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Vokes wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing Lodeiro play at some point. I've heard great things about him and this will be first time seeing him play.

Also the fact that France are only playing the 1 DM (Toulalan) these days with Lass Diarra out, will mean there's some serious gaps in front of the French defence to be exploited if Uruguay give it a real go with a creator behind Suarez / Forlan.

Very true. If Domenech isn't careful (does he know how to be careful?), then Uruguay could bag a couple of goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ABF!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

France couldn't beat them 8 years ago in korea.

Fingers crossed it happens again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Uruguay (+1) at 8/13 is actually very tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Odds on all three stations referencing the Henry handball within the opening intro for the game would be something like 1/100 I'm guessing.

Hope Uruguay edge it but I reckon a draw here.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have money on Uruguay, and obviously want everyone to beat France, so go Uruguay!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Gonna go with 2-2. Uruguay are great going forward but highly suspect at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

France couldn't beat them 8 years ago in korea.

Fingers crossed it happens again!
    I feel very much it will.

Domenech has brought youth (Abidal, Clichy) and experience (Henry, Anelka, Ribery) together but not blended them well. They're quite obviously not happy with his tenureship, having struggled to finish second in their qualifying group and then stumbled past an average Irish team in the playoffs. Uruguay can nick a draw or even more here.

Uruguay 1-1 France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Some Forlan goals please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Some Forlan goals please

Just the one would do me, anytime he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

A nice 3-2 French win I reckon. Come on the French, sore losers the lot of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Uruguay seem to have the better attack and defence, so it all depends on if France can get a stranglehold of the midfield, and which Lloris turns up.

Needless to say, I'll be hoping Uruguay hammer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I can see Uruguay winnning this. And I relly hope they do!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Uruguay to win 2-1 I reckon

Forlan will score hopefully... or even better for me he'll score a couple of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

really tired of this anti_France rubbish. we are not Brits for Gods sake.

Have always loved French flair. Great football to watch. Plus they have Anelka and Malouda. Whats not to like ?

ALLEZ !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

COME ON URUGUAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

France, you are gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Come on Uruguay! Hope you French supporters die a painful death tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Come on U R GAY.

Really fancy them to put away a struggling French team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Come on Uruguay! Hope you French supporters die a painful death tbh

Nice. Uruguay +1 was too tempting so did the double with USA +1 to come off too and get me nicely broken into the WC. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'm Guay for a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Can't see France wining. Lassana Diarra out so Toulouse is his repleacement from Nantes. Henry on the bench.

Why is hell was Benzema not selected with the front line they have ATM?? He might not have had the best of seasons, but he would be better than Govou.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/france/17/france

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/uruguay/210/uruguay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

CorkMan wrote: »
    Can't see France wining. Lassana Diarra out so Toulouse is his repleacement from Nantes. Henry on the bench.

Why is hell was Benzema not selected with the front line they have ATM?? He might not have had the best of seasons, but he would be better than Govou.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/france/17/france

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/uruguay/210/uruguay

I take it there the starting line-ups. God when ya look at Frances team they have some quality players in there. If they could click at all tonight they could win this by 2 or 3. More than likely they won't and it'll be a 1-1 draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

s_carnage wrote: »
    I take it there the starting line-ups. God when ya look at Frances team they have some quality players in there. If they could click at all tonight they could win this by 2 or 3. More than likely they won't and it'll be a 1-1 draw.

if you click the players you get the stats for each of them.

EDIT: I think those are preliminary, like Ronaldo isn't even in their Portugal squad!!!! They might post the correct one at match time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Allez les Bleus .......................................... right out of the competition

CorkMan wrote: »

Malouda is Diarra's replacment, but is playing further forward alongside Gourcuff in a different system.

Benzema wouldn't be so good in Govou's RWF position - Govou is actually oretty kinda decent at supporting his fullback. I think France would be better off with Gignac as the centre-forward, as he looks better playing off the shoulder of the defenders than Anelka.

Hoping for a 3-3 epic !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

If Uruguay beat france tonight i promise not to call the country U-Are-Gay again

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129646260396792

That and the few quid have on them will keep me interested in tonights game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Come on France, hoping they do the business tonight (and during the tournament). They've a better set of players but it's all about getting them working together. If that happens, then I can't see anything past a French victory.

The Uruguay line-up:

Fernando Muslera, Diego Lugano, Diego Godin, Mauricio Victorino, Diego Perez, Alvaro Pereira, Egidio Arevalo Rios, Ignacio Gonzalez, Maximiliano Pereira, Diego Forlan, Luis Suarez.

3-5-2 probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Roll on this match. Come on the Gauy. Hope Saurez and Forlan work well together and bang in a few each.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

apres match after the opening game, absolute quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

apres match after the opening game, absolute quality!

We can be the 33rd country. Hahhaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,356 ✭✭✭naughto

fu1k missed it is it up on u tube yet.come on the gays you can beath them french fu1cks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

naughto wrote: »
    fu1k missed it is it up on u tube yet.come on the gays you can beath them french fu1cks

Love both the sentiment and the wonderful use of English on this post :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,356 ✭✭✭naughto

meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

come on uruguay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

grenache wrote: »
    I feel very much it will.

Domenech has brought youth (Abidal, Clichy) and experience (Henry, Anelka, Ribery) together but not blended them well. They're quite obviously not happy with his tenureship, having struggled to finish second in their qualifying group and then stumbled past an average Irish team in the playoffs. Uruguay can nick a draw or even more here.

Uruguay 1-1 France

Abidal thanks you very much!!

Full name Éric Bilal Abidal
    Date of birth 11 September 1979 (1979-09-11) (age 30)

This could be a very open game. Both strong attacks and not the greatest defences. Forlan and Suárez v Lloris will be an interesting battle. I think Uruguay will shade it if there defence can cope with the French attack and if they can find a way past Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

I can see Uruguay winning this one. If Forlan has a good game I can see him getting a couple of goals. Him and Suarez are a big threat up front and im not too confident in France's centre halves.

No Malouda in the starting line up, risky move.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Can Uruguay get through a game with 11 men..

• Advertisement
Advertisement