Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Gay Friends?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know there was a thread n this forum before about how some guys find it difficult to make gay friends. I'm the opposite. I have a good few gay friends, but they are all younger than me. I'm 23 and they range from 18-22. I know that that's not a huge deal, but I can definitely see me beginning to 'outgrow' them (not in a mean way!). I find Dublin a lonely place to live. I don't have many friends there and I find it difficult to find a social outlet outside of going out. I'm a sociable guy, I have loads of friends just not enough gay ones. I don't think I'm past going out at weekends to clubs or whatever just yet, but I am getting more into going out for meals and for quiet drinks... Anyone here feel the same? Any suggestions? I just find there is a really great group of guys that organise that Super Super Disco night in Tripod, sometimes I feel like I wanna just ask them to adopt me... but alas, that's not how these things work!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Any suggestions?
    Sports clubs - swimming, soccer, rugby, hiking, kayaking, squash, rowing etc etc,
    There's also a group called Dining Out
    If you go to outhouse There's a day during the pride festival called societies day
    SATURDAY, JUNE 19
    Societies Day Come to the new, improved Societies Day at Outhouse where no question is stupid and hear members of LGBT organisations tell you what it is really like to be an active member of the LGBT community. If you would like to participate with your group and or society or for further information please contact Fiona on (01) 873 4999. 12-2pm, free of charge

http://www.gcn.ie/Dublin_Pride_Updated!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

As for the OP, there are loads of kayaking courses in dublin that aren't expensive, and you can take beginners courses. Outhouse is also great and they have loads of things for meeting people your own age if you look on their website.

I kind of have a similar question, but I'm 16 and I'm banned from all things gay :/. How do you meet people? I have no gaydar (any tips on how to get one for that matter) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

speed datings a great way to find a lot of people in a short amount of time! you can make friends its not just about trying to find the special someone on the dates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

As for the OP, there are loads of kayaking courses in dublin that aren't expensive, and you can take beginners courses. Outhouse is also great and they have loads of things for meeting people your own age if you look on their website.

I kind of have a similar question, but I'm 16 and I'm banned from all things gay :/. How do you meet people? I have no gaydar (any tips on how to get one for that matter) :P

www.belongto.org

They have a youth group which I believe caters for the teens and early twenties.

The staff there are amazing also and I believe they have a good mix of people....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

I know there was a thread n this forum before about how some guys find it difficult to make gay friends. I'm the opposite. I have a good few gay friends, but they are all younger than me. I'm 23 and they range from 18-22. I know that that's not a huge deal, but I can definitely see me beginning to 'outgrow' them (not in a mean way!). I find Dublin a lonely place to live. I don't have many friends there and I find it difficult to find a social outlet outside of going out. I'm a sociable guy, I have loads of friends just not enough gay ones. I don't think I'm past going out at weekends to clubs or whatever just yet, but I am getting more into going out for meals and for quiet drinks... Anyone here feel the same? Any suggestions? I just find there is a really great group of guys that organise that Super Super Disco night in Tripod, sometimes I feel like I wanna just ask them to adopt me... but alas, that's not how these things work!

Im 23 and while I cant say I have loads of younger gay friends, the VERY few I do have are 18-20... And while Iv recently started going to the scene a bit I think we kinda come into the same category as the group of 26 year olds who were on this a few weeks ago... Phromo and glitz seems to have a very large young following and then the George and Dragon have an older crowd.... Theres a few groups (apparently sound guys too) our age there but I think they are pretty tight-knit.... And i guess there kinda does develop a gap at 22/23 when one is more adjusted sexuality wise and to perhaps moving on from college/school friends with everybody graduating and moving away etc....

Whats the super super disco???

• Advertisement
Advertisement