Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn mark on wooden fireplace

Options
  • 11-06-2010 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

Hi my wife lite a tea light on our wooden fireplace :confused: dont ask me why!! but it left a burn mark on the wood, is there anything that I can do, to try and remove it ir has anyone got any tips besides covering it up. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Probably sanding to remove it, depending on the severity of the burn.

Post up a picture.

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Will do, but how do i post a picture here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

try sanding it out and re finish it then.it probably isn't that deep i would imagine.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

What size is it, it doesn,t look too big. Is boring it out, and a plug an option.

kadman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Scraper is probably the best bet. If you not sure ask in you local toolshop. It's a very small tool that Cabinet Makers use and it doesn't even look like a tool just looks liek a piece of metal.

The scraper will scrape very fine layers of the wood/burn mark away until its gone. You would need to varnish the are afterwards

Advertisement