Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony camcorder stuck on Nightvision

Options
  • 11-06-2010 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I have an old sony trv145 Digital8 camcorder that was working well up to yesterday. Now it's stuck on nightvision mode. the switch for changing it still moves and I opened up the case to see the parts that the switch moves, but even by moving the parts directly, it still won't change back to normal mode.

I know this is a long shot considering it is an old camera, but can anyone think of a way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Fit a new switch. The metal wafers work loose from the switch carrier with age. I have a Digital 8 too, I bought S/H so as to copy Analogue 8 tapes to DV. Also it works as Analogue video to DV bridge better than any capture card.

I just use a bunch of "Analogue" 8mm tapes. I bought the entire Euro shop stock after I tested one and OK on my analogue Samsung, only €2 each. They seem to work fine in Digital mode on the Sony.

Advertisement