Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure area to exercise dogs - Cork area

Options
  • 11-06-2010 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Please could somebody help me.
    I am looking for a secure area to rent where I can exercise and train dogs. The fence needs to be at least 6 feet high, and the gaps in the fence small enough so that toy dogs and terriers can not get through. As for the size of the area, it doesn't really matter, just enough for a dog to have a bit of fun in.
    I am looking in the Cork City and surrounding area, or anywhere in West Cork.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SophiaF

Any suggestion greatly recieved. I really need to find somewhere. Maybe an old tennis court of sports pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Your best bet would probably be to try to get onto some farmers and see about renting some land for this. You'd have to build your own fencing though??

I'm trying to think of somewhere suitable and to be honest any tennis pitches/football fields I know are always in use.

Thanks for this. I have some land but the fencing will cost €1500 just for materials, so thats a bit much really. Thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Somewhere you won't be meeting other dogs is the ideal. I've brought a dog on amenity walks and it was a disaster every time we met any other dog. Is your dog one you could leave off his/her lead and would come back to you when he/she is called?

I need it for a dog that has no recall what so ever, she loves other dogs, but will just run and run if there is no fence.
    I need the area to progress through her training. so i guess at times it would need to be free of other dogs so that she will concentrate, but at other times dog friends would be good too :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement