Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan paid off what next?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,

I finally paid off my student loan from AIB. The balance is 0.00 it still appears on my online banking and does not let me delete the account.

Is there another step i'm meant to take now or will AIB close it in due time?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It will probably take up to a month for it to be deleted off the system. Probably around the next time the direct debit was due to be take.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

How did you clear it? if it was online you'll prob need to go into the branch to close it down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

bobbi wrote: »
    Hi,

I finally paid off my student loan from AIB. The balance is 0.00 it still appears on my online banking and does not let me delete the account.

Is there another step i'm meant to take now or will AIB close it in due time?

Thanks,

Accrued interest has not been charged out. It's amazing the amount of people who forget about this. You need to contact the branch for a closing balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭bobbi

Thanks for that i will call into the bank soon

Advertisement