Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pawn Shop?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Does anyone know where a pawn shop is in towne? Also, any place that will by dvd's, etc.

Thanks for your help in advance!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Last time I was in gamestop I saw a section with used DVDs. No idea how much you will get for them but if their prices are somewhat in line with their game trading, it will be very little for any DVD over 6 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

gamestop will only give you store credit, or a huge markdown on their cash offer. afaik.

there's a pawn shop on the quay, near centra and the outdoor shop.

also, rainbow records will take your dvd's too, he's flexible enough with his offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

Sorry I wasn't completely clear.... not just looking for dvds to get rid of, have jewelry and coins as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

KingLoser wrote: »
    there's a pawn shop on the quay, near centra and the outdoor shop.

Would that be Cash Converters? If so they take most things, dvd's, jewelry, etc.

I'll try giving them a call. Thanks for a name before I try to get into towne.

• Advertisement

Doesn't look like it might be in Waterford anymore? Tried to find a number and no such luck, no answer from the other stores either....Thanks for everyone that is trying to help, I hate that I have to resort to this, but things are that bad, I am sure people can relate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

sfmonet wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it might be in Waterford anymore? Tried to find a number and no such luck, no answer from the other stores either....Thanks for everyone that is trying to help, I hate that I have to resort to this, but things are that bad, I am sure people can relate.

I know the guy that owned the one in Waterford and I know he's in Kilkenny now I think. So maybe they have moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

its called cash convenience now i think. still on the quay near centra

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

ya, i don't know the name, but you can't miss it. completely random selection of everything in the window.

it's not the cash converters on o'connell street, that's been closed a while now, this is a new one that i can confirm is open. if i remember right, it's next door to the outdoor shop, but i dunno.

Got it all sorted, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

just wondering were you went and how did you find there service, prices etc
    not asking for your specific transaction but just in general

• Registered Users Posts: 1 appw

Hi, does anyone know if the cash convenience store is still open on the quay in Waterford?

Also, does anyone know if there is any similar stores in Clonmel, Tipperary?

Advertisement