Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with 450m2 area?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

We have just had a digger in to clear out a garden (previously full of nettles and trees and rubbish!!! etc) and now need to decide what to do with it!

We already have a big enough lawn so we're not sure what to do with this 45m2 (15x30m) area! I do enjoy learning more about gardening but have no experience and although only in my twenties, I have a bad back and cannot do too much bending down.

Have you any advice? Something that doesn't require too much work or money. I wouldn't mind growing something...it gets plenty of sunlight and the soil is apparently very good there (although full of weeds).

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Is it 450m2?

15 x 30 = 450....

Big difference garden wise!

I've a 50m2 (5x10) so I'm guessing it's not 15 x 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭beatle

Ooops. your right! 450 m2. Thanks for pointing that out!!
    Any suggestions?

I bought one or two gardening books when I started to plan my garden and I found them a great source of inspiration.

I also did a gardening course at night a year or two ago and found it really interesting and very useful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

plant it up with trees, to make a mini-forest, and it should start to take care of itself?

Oh, that does remind me, if I had that space, I would definitely set aside a certain area for a wild flower meadow.

Why not chat to irish seed savers? They have a great web site and it would nice to try and continue irish varieties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Why not commission someone to design the space for you?

Advertisement