Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone do the article on being a good neighbour in Paper 1 english?

• 11-06-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

If you did what did you write? I had about 20 mins to do it and I wrote an A4 page of crap about retired people going to war with the young mothers in a neighbourhood. And I called old people the ''modern hoodlums'' and it finishes mid-sentence with the old lady pelting people with porridge, cucumbers and tomatoes. I'm so raging

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

yeh i did that one!.....dont think many did it tho!

i kinda made it funny and light hearted....but kinda went off the point a bit in the middle........had about 20 mins to reel it back in and make a bitta sense of it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I did it too. I just wrote 4-5 pages on how to be a good neighbour and why it's important. It was just basically a load of bull...i'm kinda embarrassed about it actually! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I did it as I like writing articles. I took both a light hearted approach and a serious one, said how much of a bad neighbour I am and how society today has a different attitude to the whole being a good neighbour thing, like how people with jobs have no time for it and how people are much more cautious nowadays.

Talked about the olden days and how communities were closely knit, especially down the country, quoted "The Valley of the Squinting Windows" and "Dancing at Lughnasa" was well chuffed :pac:. Did some other stuff I can't remember.

Don' think many people did this one as someone said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

I did it too! It was about 3 pages i think, i was literally writing down anything that came to mind, it was a load of waffle haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I did Freedom. I thought the options were terrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement