Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Placement Programme and the Dole?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

My Boyfriend has been on the dole for say about 18 months hes 23 and started a Work Placement Programme 3 weeks ago and obvioulsy told the Soical about it.

Now they have sent him a letter to say they are stopping his dole?
    Can they do that on the work palcement?
    Hes down as not living at home and the Placement is about 25 min drive from where we live?
    how do they expect him to buy petrol? or his lunch?
    Can they really expect him to work 40 hour mannual Labour a week and not get ANY money at all?
    this seems Riduclous to me?
    can soem one explain how this works?
    he's been working since he was 16 doing different jobs but for about 18 months 07 - Jan 09 he worked as a labourer and was being paid cash?
    im so confused about the dole!! he says you could be on the dole fro years and never get it stopped?
    i thought it depended on your stamps?
    I had been tellin him that i thought it would be stopped after a year or so and he said i didnt have a clue!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

My Boyfriend has been on the dole for say about 18 months hes 23 and started a Work Placement Programme 3 weeks ago and obvioulsy told the Soical about it.

Hes down as not living at home and the Placement is about 25 min drive from where we live?
    Can they really expect him to work 40 hour mannual Labour a week and not get ANY money at all?
    he's been working since he was 16 doing different jobs but for about 18 months 07 - Jan 09 he worked as a labourer and was being paid cash?
    im so confused about the dole!! he says you could be on the dole fro years and never get it stopped?
    I had been tellin him that i thought it would be stopped after a year or so and he said i didnt have a clue!

As long as it's a WPP1 or WPP2 position he should receive the dole while he is completing the work placement programme, he should ring and check it out asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Jobseekers benifit only lasts six months I think but if he took a work placement program then I was under the impression that he would recieve social welfare till the placement ended but this might not be the case. If he was on jobseekers allowence he should get his social welfare while on work placement. Look-up welfare.ie and you might be able to find more details or ring the dole office.

Advertisement