Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MYSQL Course

• 11-06-2010 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know if there are any stand alone MYSQL courses run in Waterford? I don't want the database building knowledge of SQL I need the query stuff.

I have basic MYSQL skills but I need help with more complex statements and eventually writing scripts.

ANy info is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Contact International Academy of Computer Training (IACT) at 051 854774. They do courses on MySQL. They have offices at 7 Catherine Street so I assume they do the courses there.

http://www.iact.ie/iopen24/product_info.php?products_id=86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if there are any stand alone MYSQL courses run in Waterford? I don't want the database building knowledge of SQL I need the query stuff.
    Most of the web dev style courses are fairly basic and often just deal with selects and inserts. The course in the post above looks like the stuff covered in the Wrox introduction to PHP books.
    I have basic MYSQL skills but I need help with more complex statements and eventually writing scripts.
    But if you need a basic knowledge MySQL and how to use MySQL queries in PHP scripts then the course above might be good enough. In order to be able to properly frame the queries, you have to know the database building knowledge element as there is a bit of theory behind the more complex queries. Most web dev type MySQL is simple enough and you could get up to speed relatively quickly with an installation of MySQL, Apache and PHP on your own computer along with a good book or two.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement