Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow 200

• 11-06-2010 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing this at the weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Me. Leaving Limerick at about 3:30am to get there for 6 ish :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

:eek: is right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Don't understand the attraction.

Packed roads, hundreds of freds, queue for 3rd rate sandwich and water from a hose... whats not to like ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Me too, I love queuing for port a loos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭griffin100

Packed roads, hundreds of freds, queue for 3rd rate sandwich and water from a hose... whats not to like wink.gif
    I was trying to make up my mind about whether or not to do this but that post has made my mind up. I'll stick to my planned 5hr IM training ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

I'll be there...beats yet another solo ride for 4 or 5 hours (sorry, griffin:)).

As I can't distinguish a fred from a non-fred, I assume I'm a fully paid up member....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

griffin100 wrote: »
    I was trying to make up my mind about whether or not to do this but that post has made my mind up. I'll stick to my planned 5hr IM training ride.

While you are on your 5hr training session on your own there will thousands of freds doing 8 - 10 hour sessions in company, having a laugh and loads of craic.
    There will be groups racing, there will be groups spinning along, there will be guys pushing their mates along, there will be all sorts doing their best on the day.
    I hope you enjoy your IM session but I know I'll enjoy my 200k spin ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Git101 wrote: »
    While you are on your 5hr training session on your own there will thousands of freds doing 8 - 10 hour sessions in company, having a laugh and loads of craic.
    There will be groups racing, there will be groups spinning along, there will be guys pushing their mates along, there will be all sorts doing their best on the day.
    I hope you enjoy your IM session but I know I'll enjoy my 200k spin ;)

Who said his IM spin won't be 200km?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

tunney wrote: »
    Who said his IM spin won't be 200km?
    10 hours? Assuming you're using a fixie?

Ahh tunney, I do love you, you make these forums really interesting :D

I never suggested that his IM spin wouldn't be 200k, I think I suggested that he would probably be doing it on his own.

Actually I won't be using a fixie, I'll be waiting for my triathlete mates !!

Edit: before tunney edited his post he asked if I took 10 hours to complete the 200k I must be doing it on a fixie

• Advertisement

Good to see you today, hope the crank held up for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

Good day out...chronically under-dressed for the conditions off the Sally Gap and just got back to Greystones before the next massive deluge.

Least painful W200 - must be due to some of the lard I've shed recently...

Advertisement