Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An American In Dublin

Options
  • 11-06-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭

An American tourist in Dublin decides to skip his tour group and explore the city on his own.

He wanders around, seeing the sights, occasionally stopping at a quaint pub to soak up the local culture, chat with the locals, and have a pint of Guinness.

After a while, he finds himself in a very nice neighbourhood with big, stately residences...no pubs, no stores, no restaurants, and worst of all NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS.

He really, really has to go, after all those Guinness’s.

He finds a narrow side street, with high walls surrounding the adjacent buildings and decides to use the wall to solve his problem.

As he is unzipping, he is tapped on the shoulder by a Garda, who says, “sir, you simply cannot do that here, you know."

"I'm very sorry, officer," replies the American,

"But I really, really have to go, and I just can't find a public restroom."

"Ah, yes," said the Guard..."Just follow me".

He leads the American to a back delivery alley to a gate, which he opens.

"In there," points the Guard. "Go ahead sir, anywhere you like."

The fellow enters and finds himself in the most beautiful garden he has ever seen.

Manicured grass lawns, statuary, fountains, sculptured hedges, and huge beds of gorgeous flowers, all in perfect bloom.

Since he has the Guard’s blessing, he relieves himself and feels much more comfortable.

As he goes back through the gate, he says to the Guard,

"That was really decent of you... is that what you call Irish hospitality?"

"No sir...", replied the Guard, "...that is what we call the French Embassy."

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

lol your in good form today hopefully unlike the French

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

patmac wrote: »
    lol your in good form today hopefully unlike the French

Yeah Pat...hard not to think about you know who today :mad:

ch.jpg

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement