Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, I'm interested in getting into some oldschool anime, namely from around the 80's like Gunbuster, Project A-ko, DragonHalf etc.

It's hard to find good info on them so does anyone have a recommendation?

I've seen hundreds of animes so if possible maybe suggest some more obsure ones please?

Thank you all!

Also is Kamen Rider worth watching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Sci-Fi channel used to, YEARS AGO, show a heap of grungey old anime in their Saturday morning slot... and there I discovered Martian Successor Nadesico (insert dreamy sigh here.) If you've not watched a lot of anime you're not really going to get it but you in particular should have no trouble.

You could try You're Under Arrest, Tokyo Babylon, X (which I think may actually have been 90's) Bubblegum Crisis (Tokyo 2040 is a lot newer, but I think the original Crisis/Crash was 80's) some of Rumiko Takahashi's earlier work, maybe? My era was more the late 90's/early 2000's =\

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I don't suppose you have a list of stuff you've already watched or something?
    Helps making suggestions a lot easier.

And is there any reason specifically you want old skool anime?
    See, I dunno if Space Battleship Yamato is obscure enough for you, or if even Escaflowne is!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I agree I really miss the sci-fi channel it had some great stuff like Vampire Princess Miyu. I could reccommend Tenchi but not sure if that is old school but it was one of the first animes I got into. I would highly reccommend Cowboy Bebop. Escaflowne is good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Only oldish one coming to mind would be Slayers all seasons, but not exactly obscure.

Advertisement