Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haddock and mozzarella...

Options
  • 11-06-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of making a dish which involves baking haddock fillets in a tomato sauce with mozzarella on top. I'm just wondering what the opinions of using cheese with fish is, it could be good, but....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I love cheese with fish, it really works well. I sometimes bake fish with chopped tomato, onion, herbs, breadcrumbs and grated cheddar mixed with a little olive oil on top and it's really good.
    The mozzarella won't flavour it much because it's not a strong cheese but the texture will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Agree, lovely combination.

Another idea is to spread the top of white fish with a welsh rarebit topping and bake,

Grate cheese very finely ( cheddar, or whatever hard cheese you like), add a teasspoon of grain mustard and add just enough cream to bind it into a paste.
    Spread on thick pieces of cod, haddock, hake etc.

The pieces should be about an inch thick, so the fish is cooked in the same time as the topping.
    Bake at 180 for 15-20 minutes, but check regularly as the cooking time is very dependent on the thickness of the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Well I cooked it and ended up having to use cod as it was just fresher and it was a great dish, lovely combination.

Advertisement