Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy performance parts?

• 11-06-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Hi All. Was thinking about buying a few bits and pieces for my new bike but google isn't showing up much for me. Does anyone have recomendations for a place to buy performance bits?

I recently bought a 900 Ninja, and was thinking of fitting a few bits in the 5 minutes before I lose my license. I was looking at a steel brake hose kit for 82 sterling. Didn't seem like that bad a price but didn't seem that cheap either. I was also thinking about re-jetting the carbs. I've heard that the standard jets aren't great and you can get an extra 14hp with new ones. Supposedly an extra 11mph at the top end too but I don't know if I'll be seeing that :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

This the type of site you are looking for? (I picked a 2000 zx9r - alter as appropriate) I can probably remember a few more sites, but if you have a look at the parts and google the manufacturers you tend to get resellers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

nereid wrote: »
    This the type of site you are looking for? (I picked a 2000 zx9r - alter as appropriate) I can probably remember a few more sites, but if you have a look at the parts and google the manufacturers you tend to get resellers.

Cool site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Yeah - nice site, thanks. They're able to charge as well though :eek: A set of brake hoses from there was over 100 sterling. They don't seem to have the jets either. I'm worried I'm going to have to get out the verniers and even then I don't know where I'd source them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Yeah - nice site, thanks. They're able to charge as well though :eek: A set of brake hoses from there was over 100 sterling. They don't seem to have the jets either. I'm worried I'm going to have to get out the verniers and even then I don't know where I'd source them...

Yeah, parts can get expensive, and I never said that place was cheap :) There are other sites, like I said, I can't think of them now. I used that to get product names of things I was looking for in the past and then I googled the actual manufacturers themselves.

For example bodywork, steering dampers, power commanders, exhausts, suspension internals etc.

As regards brake hoses, NDM did my bike with Goodridge stainless for a very good price if I remember correctly. Certainly as cheap as ebay, without the hassle of me having to fit them myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

You could try this lot, I've used them before and found them pretty good on cost and delivery.
    This is their GPz 900 page for example (that I found I had kept in my favourites folder)
    http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/searchResults.aspx?style=0&kw=gpz%20900

A little searching will bring up other online sources such as this one-

http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products?bk=003221&bf=1&gf=0

This one is a directory site, in this case this is the jump of point for Kawasaki-
    http://www.bikelinks.com/directory/Makes/Kawasaki/

If your anything like me, you will be destitute before ya lose your licence!

• Advertisement
Advertisement