Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Kid in Ireland FAI shirt on Shakira Offical Waka Waka Video

• 11-06-2010 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

On the official Shakira Waka Waka World Cup video on the web, about 2min in, there is a kid in an Eircom shirt..

Now I may be incorrect but Ireland seems to be the only country with a specific focus on a 'fan' in the video that is from a country that has NOT qualified for the finals..

It this a gesture to Ireland or am I reading too much into this.. :)

Kev

http://www.shakira.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Your reading too much into it....

Just before that Eircom jersey is a German, Klose, celebrating after scoring a goal against us in our last world cup. Therefore that kid wearing the jersey is a little retarded for celebrating. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

The girl is celebrating the Robbie Keane goal, just bad editing!

I thought as much...although I brought my nephew to a GAA game recently. He thought he was supposed to cheer for every score - them and us! :eek:

On the plus side, Shakira is HOT is that video. :D Fair play OP :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Irish Kid in Ireland FAI shirt
    Sorry it's not quite clear, what country is he from? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

From another thread.
    df1985 wrote: »
    from 4:35 in this snoop dogg video see can ya spot the guy in the offaly jersey playin with the band-weirdest place ive seen a paddy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLsx1kDKEzQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

She's a million different kids of sexy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

There is also a guy wearing an Irish jersey in the last Megadeth video, "The Right to go Insane". At about 2.06 in the video.

We Irish seem to get ourselves into some weird areas alright!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

She's a million different kids of sexy!!

Super post fail.

You're an ultra paedo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Why were you on the shakira website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

tyrone-jersey.jpg

This is my favourite pic. It's from the time of the south Ossetian/Russia/Georgian war in 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I can see this developing into a 'strange place to see an Irish jersey thread' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I remember I was away in Ibiza and there was this black guy wearing a Dublin jersey handing out flyers in the street.

Doesn't beat that Georgia one though.

Here's one I saw at a house party when I was in Australia - i had to ask him to pose for a photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Ya it's weird, anytime you see television news coverage from Darfur or any other war torn or famine hit country in Africa, there's always some kid with an Offaly jersey hanging around in shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Some day I want to see one of those ads on TV for GOAL or Concern and see clothes that I have donated....

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Ya it's weird, anytime you see television news coverage from Darfur or any other war torn or famine hit country in Africa, there's always some kid with an Offaly jersey hanging around in shot.

Are you sure the report is not coming from Offaly?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Here is one I grabbed of a local kid in Rural Estonia while doing a voluntary workcamp last summer

94351478154141796178091.jpg

He didn't know where he got it. He reckoned his mum must have picked it up in a local market

Advertisement