Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate Your English Grade! (Poll)

• 11-06-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Just want to get a fair idea of how people think they did.

Personally I think I got around a C1/B3.

How'd You Think You Did in HL English? 165 votes

A1
    0% 0 votes
    A2
    5% 9 votes
    B1
    6% 11 votes
    B2
    10% 18 votes
    B3
    15% 26 votes
    C1
    31% 52 votes
    C2
    9% 16 votes
    C3
    8% 14 votes
    D1
    6% 10 votes
    D2
    1% 2 votes
    D3
    2% 4 votes
    Fail
    1% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

were is the poll? am i missing something here :P
    anyways i say around c2 c1

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Just added it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Got a D1 last year so would be happy with a minor improvement. C3 maybe? I don't know it's too hard to know for English in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'd say somewhere in the 80-90% region. My essay wasn't perfect, but my poetry, comprehension and Lear questions were, so hopefully I can scrape the A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I think I got a B something, probably a B3, but wouldn't be surprised if I got above or below that. I'm very very bad at judging these things.
    In the mocks I thought I got a C and I actually got an A1 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

This poll scares me =( I'm scared that by doing it I'll jeopardize my grade and jinx it! =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

thought i did okish but now not thinkin that... thinkin i messed up a few of the yeats quotes... :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Seriously, folks, it would be a far better idea to stop with the post-mortems on English and concentrate on what's to come! ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Only one other person reckons they got an A1?! Why all the modesty? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Well I got a B3 in the mock for English
    I know that might not mean much but I knew absolutely nothing for the mock and wrote a CC answer for a GVV question!?

I think both papers went a lot better than the mock so fingers crossed!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

I am so disappointed. I am expecting a B3 or C1.
    I got a B1 in the mocks and wanted an A, but I thought every question on paper two was just horrible. Didnt even get to mention the man himself in King Lear!! I learned the fool inside out, and suffering and how the subplot comes together with the plot, but sure i might as well never have bothered because my answer was dire!! and the four poets i learned REAAALLLLY well didnt come up and the one i can blag a bit on came up... The literary genre was even hard! It wasnt Good storytelling is important, it was something stupid that hasnt come up before... I just feel like ive just let go of it and have written it off...
    it was one of the subjects i am relying on for points but i guess ill have to try extra hard in the other subjects now. *sigh*
    Hah my teachers gonna be disappointed seeing as I got the highest in my class in the mock, shell be like WTF when she sees how I flunked it...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Just think people - we'll never have to think about Michael Loland or Evan Bongley ever again!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

I got a B2 in the mocks, but I am kind of not sure. I did a much better paper 1, but I don't think I did a better paper 2. So gonna say a B1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Seriously, folks, it would be a far better idea to stop with the post-mortems on English and concentrate on what's to come! ;):)

hahaha!!
    These boards crack me up.
    Couldn't stop laughing for about ten minutes when I read the title of the HL maths topic: Aftermath.
    hehe these exams have done something strange to my brain - everything's funny! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Couldn't stop laughing for about ten minutes when I read the title of the HL maths topic: Aftermath.
    You're the only one who seems to have spotted that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

:rolleyes:
    haha,
    Well from what I've been reading, I didn't do half as well as I first thought I did so it really will be "aftermath" on results day.... need a C3 for my course. :P

Ooh just wait till Chemistry comes round.....and I thought I was stressed today! :(

Oh well, keeping positive - 4 down, 6 to go! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

Hahaha how did I not notice that :D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Did anybody do freedom for personal essay.
    I wrote that after watching a documentary of frreedom my views changed so I talked about 4 characters and said what freedom meant to them as well as what it means to me. Am I fuked??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I think maybe a B1/2. I really want an A. I might have scraped it, but I totally let myself down on Paper 2, so probably not. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'd say I got a C3, I done pretty well on Paper I but Paper II didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 XXRachelXX

I think maybe a B1/2. I really want an A. I might have scraped it, but I totally let myself down on Paper 2, so probably not. :(

Same her. really annoyed with myself on how paper 2 went, hoping for an A but a B1 is more realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I would LOVE to get a A but my Lear is really not great... I think my gvvp essay was really good, but I'm worried because I only wrote about 2 poems for Eliot - Prufrock and a Game of Chess. They are such long poems I didnt have time to do any more, but had them in my plan! My teacher says its ok cause you can get 50/50 in poetry just writing sbout one poem, but I dont know!!
    I did the Guide for young people in paper 1 , I made it to be vv funny and I'm worried I went too far and and my language marks suffered severly :(
    I would be happy with a B3 now!

Advertisement