Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SLR for dummies - Ipod App

• 11-06-2010 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Just thought that Id share this for any other beginers out there.

SLR for dummies is best app out there imo. Bargain at only 79c.

Best feature is that it has about 30 different scenarois(eg auto racing pannin), you select the weather and it will tell you what settings you need to use (ISO, aperture, shutter speed).

Has other great features such as
    -having every SLR camera loaded, select your camera and it tells you what the various buttons are,
    -glossary
    -general tips

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That's pretty good. I have a load of photography apps on my iPhone though. Latest is hipstamatic, bought all the lenses, flashes and films. Get some great effects!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

The more I hear t he more I want an iPhone. Even an iPod Touch... especially to have the Photographers Ephemeris handy wherever you are...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'll look at this app later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

Its actually fantastic. Just downloaded it there and am very impressed! Anyone else have any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I already have seven pages of apps on this iPhone. iPhone 4 (and iOS4 for that matter) can't come soon enough with that folders option.

I'll check this out now. There's actually a few guides on app store as it is, most are pants though. One, unimaginitively called "Photo Guide", is fairly scant in any info, but does have a few useful tools like a hyperfocal meter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

The official Nikon app is excellent. More like a magazine, it gets updated with new articles all the time from some great photographers and there are loads of really good tutorials with great examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just downloaded, thanks for the heads up notel70!

zoegh - the iPhone app for the emphemeris is actually quite pricey for something available free on-line: €6.99!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Just bought this now and pretty impressed with it, it's ideal for people with a bad memory!
    It's far better then the EOS 5D II app I bought that had so so little in it.
    I also bought a TableTennis app. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Nikon app is fantastic and its free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I use Photo Tools, Depth of Field Calculator and Photometric on Android.

DoF Calc is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Originally posted by Sleepy
    zoegh - the iPhone app for the emphemeris is actually quite pricey for something available free on-line: €6.99!

holy majoly I didn't think it was that pricey! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

i'm sure this has been mentioned before DOFMaster - has some good stuff on it for free!!
    :)

Advertisement