Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic Music Books Recommend?

• 11-06-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey

im trying to learn more about electronic music namely how to use certain applications like Max/Msp, C Sound and Ableton. I'm just starting out so the more basic the better. Id also like to read some books on Sound Art and Experimental music (History etc.) If anyone could recommend some books and websites I'd really appreaciate it!

Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Trevor Wishart's "On Sonic Art" is good if you can find it. This would answer the history/art side of your question. Haven't found many interesting books in the realm of experimental music though, especially electronic stuff. Then again, they say that reading about music is like dancing about architecture :)

I reckon the best way to learn Max/MSP is by doing - check out the documentation and see the example patches. They are very good (or at least they were when I last used it). Then try some of your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Advertisement