Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pools in Limerick

Options
  • 11-06-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Any swimming pools in limerick where u can pay as u go,I know UL is closed these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Grove Island leisure centre in Corbally.
    http://www.groveislandleisure.ie/

St. Enda's leisure centre Old Cork Road.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Punches Hotel have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Punches Hotel have one.

Is that pay as you go?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

UL is open from 6-10pm this evening, but parking is absolutely manic-not sure what it would be like later in the evening. Best bet is to try Grove Island or St. Enda's pool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

h3000 wrote: »
    Is that pay as you go?

I'm not sure, I live in Ballinacurra, So I'll be passing it later and drop in and check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

I'm not sure, I live in Ballinacurra, So I'll be passing it later and drop in and check.

i tried punches once, was told members only.

Maybe they just didnt like the look of me though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    i tried punches once, was told members only.

Maybe they just didnt like the look of me though:rolleyes:

The little one used to go for lessons in there; it's a horrible pool tbh. Grove Island is a much nicer pool. UL is of course the best, but that's a non runner as the OP pointed out.

I learned to swim in Roxboro... Ah the memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The little one used to go for lessons in there; it's a horrible pool tbh. Grove Island is a much nicer pool. UL is of course the best, but that's a non runner as the OP pointed out.

I learned to swim in Roxboro... Ah the memories...

Only warning about UL is that its freezing - especially so for small Kids who just tend to bob around in their arm bands etc. and not even manage to swim to warm up.

- I think the official reason is to keep the temps suitable for training - Polar Bear training I'm guessing......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

St Enda's is a dive in fairness. I'm a member at the Energise centre @ The Strand Hotel. The pool is a 20m and it's quite most of the time. Steam Room, Sauna & Jacuzzi also.
    I'm fairly sure you can pay on a once off basis. Call them on 421850 to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Aidric wrote: »
    St Enda's is a dive in fairness. I'm a member at the Energise centre @ The Strand Hotel. The pool is a 20m and it's quite most of the time. Steam Room, Sauna & Jacuzzi also.
    I'm fairly sure you can pay on a once off basis. Call them on 421850 to be sure.

How much is membership over there Aidric? That would be closest to me.

• Advertisement

I'm paying 55 a month, member for about a year and a half now. The rates may have come down a little since for new members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Raiser wrote: »
    Only warning about UL is that its freezing - especially so for small Kids who just tend to bob around in their arm bands etc. and not even manage to swim to warm up.

- I think the official reason is to keep the temps suitable for training - Polar Bear training I'm guessing......

True that, it is cold. If you swim even 1 or 2 lengths it's perfect though. Would love a swim now, dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

695 for a year 350 for 6 months or 55 per month as Aidric said

Its 395/200 or 37 per month for student

Its fine but a bit hit and miss sometimes- i.e dirty pool/cold jacuzzi but maybe thats just me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Its fine but a bit hit and miss sometimes- i.e dirty pool/cold jacuzzi but maybe thats just me :p

Hit and miss isn't the word!! the jacuzzi breaks on a monthly basis and can be gone for up to 2 weeks!!! Everything else is nice though, niceest steamroom I've ever been in (when its good and hot)!!

alan1990 wrote: »
    niceest steamroom I've ever been in (when its good and hot)!!
    Ya it's a beaut, the eucalyptus fumes are addictive. Often populated by dripping mares also. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

alan1990 wrote: »
    (when its good and hot)!!

Often a rare occourance too!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Aidric wrote: »
    Ya it's a beaut, the eucalyptus fumes are addictive. Often populated by dripping mares also. ;)

Really? Im joining tomorrow so lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tweedledee!

Thinking of heading to St.Enda's for a swim just as it's near enough to me at the moment. Is it that bad?! Is it busy most of the time? What kind of a crowd is mostly there? Just sounds handy as you can pay as you go!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭Comhrá

St. Enda's is just fine if you don't want anything fancy -just a swim, shower or sauna afterwards. Basic but the pool is always reasonably warm and clean.

Public swimming daily 1-2pm with lanes.

Staff friendly and car-park is supervised and plenty of space.

I used it over the winter months and I liked it.
    €3.00 for an hour. Hard to beat that for value.

J.

Advertisement