Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And for our Geog peeps

• 11-06-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

How yous find it?

I thought it was ok. Short questions were pretty basic, added what I estimated I would get in them at it was 69/80 so was happy with that.

Physical I did Question 2. Don't know if I was right though. for the fold mts I described Constructive plate boundaries forming a andes fold mt etc..

Regional I did.. Q5 afink?

Human Elective was the one with traffic congestion

And, we all got f*cked for the biome as main chars didn't come up, but I related the influence of climate to the biome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Your characteristics are climate,soil,animal and plant life I think.... I wrote about soil,animal life and plant life. How they all adapt to the hot weather

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

amm man that was the characteristics of a biome..the characteristis of the desert biome is all related to the climate anyway:D..other than that i found the paper tough....lucky to scrape a c3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

pecker1992 wrote: »
    amm man that was the characteristics of a biome..

Oh sh!te...

Basically just did my main characterstics and how climate influences plants/animals to adapt to them etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

I'd say i barely scraped it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

If you just did animal and plant life for biome is that ok? I couldn't do soil, i got 4 and a half pages altogether on my biome question, reckon i will be ok with just the two characteristics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Heaso77

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    If you just did animal and plant life for biome is that ok? I couldn't do soil, i got 4 and a half pages altogether on my biome question, reckon i will be ok with just the two characteristics?

NO, man, you gotta examine at least 3 aspects.. you would have had to do soil aswel..

Heaso77 wrote: »
    NO, man, you gotta examine at least 3 aspects.. you would have had to do soil aswel..
    I didnt say at least three! :( Damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heaso77

My main worry is in regional section.. i did Q4 which had some culture question in it.. it was something like examine the importance of culture in any region outside ireland.. i did the Hispanics, Asians, African americans, Anglo-saxons and Native Americans.. My teacher said he originally thoughtr they were looking for you to do Belgium but i hope i dont get zero for that like.. Would be looking at an A1 if I gegt marked on that cause i had nearly 20 SRP's..

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I will be happy for a C3...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Yeah,the marking scheme for biomes is 3 paragraphs,but if you put loads in two,i can't see how they wouldn't give you at least SOME of the extra marks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

That was probably the easiest exam I'll ever do in my life :D Looking at a high B/A!

One of the questions was something like "Link the buildings with their function", one of them was a church and a function listed was "Religious" ffs :D I was double checking to see if I mistakenly got an Ordinary Level!

Sadly this optimism was killed when I flunked my (PASS!) Maths 2 hours later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

I did the climate one
    3 paragraphs one on the climate then animal adaptions and plant adaptions easy stuff

I hope so, I checked the paper and nowhere did it say tha 3 headings/aspects were required it said 3 or more would be BETTER. I knew **** all about soil and I didnt want to divide my marks down into three, so I wrote over a page and a half under each of the two heading I did, at least 16 srps in each. I included a bit on soil about calcification etc under my plants heading.

Hopefully the examiner wont decide to mark it as if I did three aspects and only mark the two I did out of the amount that the marks would be divided down into if I had of done three.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Easy paper for me read over 6 essays in the morning and 5 came up. Even got use a bit of business in the elective! Dissapointed if I didn't get a B1

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

dropped down to ordinary level at the last minute as i'm wasn't too sure on the 80 marker. ORD was really easy but in saying that physical geography isin't one of my strong points and I failed to answer a 30 marker but every thing else was straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

The Cultural Identity question could not have been easier...

Language or Religion as a cultural indicator....

6 Pages :]]]] happy days ^______^

For Regional- cultural, is it possible to write about the Basque region?

Timing was a struggle, had to rush my short questions in like the last 10 minutes

Hopefully a B though :] :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Deffo got a C, probably a B.

Easy paper.

Simples :-)

Did we get 20 mins extra this year? Would have been seriously difficult to finish otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Was added into the time i think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Great paper.

• Advertisement

Wish I didn't do such an awful project, think I might have been in the running for an A :rolleyes:

Just got really lucky, all my prepared essays pretty much came up. I honestly coulda jusst kept writing on tourism in the Mezzorgiorno all day :D

Chuffed, nice little boost for me after the Boland/Longley fiasco!

Same! Really happy with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

yeah you don't have to be under 3 aspects. Doesn't really matter really. I did it in 5 paragraphs myself, 1- intro 2-climate 3,4,5 climate influence on soil, animal and plant. Only managed to do 3 1/2 even with the waffle. Hopefully I got most of the marks.

I wanted to cry when I saw regional, physical and elective. I knew 1 B or C part from each quesiton and none where I can do both B & c! I guess I traded my luck for the poet question yesterday.

@short questions, seriously the easiest sets of questions I've ever seen o_O. "what is the income of x in 2007" I loled. However, the starting 3 question was kind of funny.

I was constantly saying the same sentence in my head "wtf is a something something walk?", "looks at OS key", Oh.

Then q.2 "WTF is that?" "looks at OS key", Oh. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

quite easy i felt the short question were very easy. physical i did question 1 which was ok except part c. the biome question though was strange wording was weird. overall i expect a b

H2student wrote: »
    yeah you don't have to be under 3 aspects. Doesn't really matter really. I did it in 5 paragraphs myself, 1- intro 2-climate 3,4,5 climate influence on soil, animal and plant. Only managed to do 3 1/2 even with the waffle. Hopefully I got most of the marks.

I wanted to cry when I saw regional, physical and elective. I knew 1 B or C part from each quesiton and none where I can do both B & c! I guess I traded my luck for the poet question yesterday.

@short questions, seriously the easiest sets of questions I've ever seen o_O. "what is the income of x in 2007" I loled. However, the starting 3 question was kind of funny.

I was constantly saying the same sentence in my head "wtf is a something something walk?", "looks at OS key", Oh.

Then q.2 "WTF is that?" "looks at OS key", Oh. :P
    I write 2.5 for the biome and get 80/80

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

The only part that really got me was the question on tertiary activities in a European region; why did they have to specify only one tertiary activity? I don't have near enough SRPs to get full marks with only one!

Other than that I think I did okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

What percentage is the biome Q in the whole paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 doubletrigger

i write 3 pages on human activities which influnce a biome..turns out read the question wrong nd will prob get nada for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EK240692

New to here.
    For the elective question on irish migration over the past 100 years what did ye discuss?
    I discussed Irish emmigration during the 1950s and people coming into the country during the celtic tigeris this ok ?:D

• Advertisement

LovexxLife wrote: »
    What percentage is the biome Q in the whole paper?

1/5 of the written paper.

Advertisement