Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And for our Geog peeps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

EK240692 wrote: »
    New to here.
    For the elective question on irish migration over the past 100 years what did ye discuss?
    I discussed Irish emmigration during the 1950s and people coming into the country during the celtic tigeris this ok ?:D

Thats what i did too,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

EK240692 wrote: »
    New to here.
    For the elective question on irish migration over the past 100 years what did ye discuss?
    I discussed Irish emmigration during the 1950s and people coming into the country during the celtic tigeris this ok ?:D

Yeah thats nail on the head, didn't do that Q, but thats what the teacher said afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

LovexxLife wrote: »
    What percentage is the biome Q in the whole paper?
    every 80 marks = 16%
    100 marks = 20%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

shblob wrote: »
    every 80 marks = 16%
    100 marks = 20%
    so a bad biome is not the end of the world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

For this question:
    C. Developing World Cities
    ‘Problems can develop as urban centres expand and grow.’
    Discuss this statement with reference to one developing world city that you have studied.

Could I have written about Rio de Janeiro and the favella problem??
    Or was that wrong? :(

Paper was okay ish. There was only one question on each section that I was fully happy doing though.

Did anyone else think it was weird Haiti was on a part A when these papers are meant to be set in October?!

And did anyone notice the complete lack of plate tectonics in the 30 mark questions?

Thought the paper was weird over all...! But think I did ok, happy with it. Hopefully an A or high B. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Sooo happy.Everything I had covered in the last day came up.Option question on global warming was beautiful too.It was as if I had my notes right in front of me I could remember so much.B1 is definatly on the table if not A2....A1 would be a bit much haha:P

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    so a bad biome is not the end of the world :)
    No but at least an attempt for 40/80 would have been good.

No but at least an attempt for 40/80 would have been good.
    I only wrote under two aspects..... will that be marked under the marking scheme for 3 aspects or will the marks be between the two? Im pretty sure I wrote enough to get 80% or over on the biome if they mark between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cummins_ellen

For this question:
    C. Developing World Cities
    ‘Problems can develop as urban centres expand and grow.’
    Discuss this statement with reference to one developing world city that you have studied.

Could I have written about Rio de Janeiro and the favella problem??
    Or was that wrong? :(

Nope that's right :) well at least I hope so anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

For the Biome Q I described the climate of the Hot Desert. And then went on to speak about the characteristics of soil, vegetation and animal life.

• Advertisement

I only wrote under two aspects..... will that be marked under the marking scheme for 3 aspects or will the marks be between the two? Im pretty sure I wrote enough to get 80% or over on the biome if they mark between the two.
    Not quite sure tbh. 3x8 SRPs or 4x6 SRPs are requires. I did 4 x 7.

Nope that's right :) well at least I hope so anyways :)

Oh thank god for that! haha.
    You know what it's like when you can't think of the simplest things in the middle of the exam..
    I was sat there thinking... "Is Brazil classed as developing.... is Rio de Janeiro a developing city....."

haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cf10

I thought that the regional section was soo hard! I did the agriculture in sub continental region and the development as dublin as an urban area.! Total fail...the rest wasn't too bad. Did anyone got two answers to the 20m part A in q.10 in the elective?? There was like the same unemployment rate for 2 months???

I thought short questions were preety tricky actaully! Anyone else agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭klose

Heaso77 wrote: »
    My main worry is in regional section.. i did Q4 which had some culture question in it.. it was something like examine the importance of culture in any region outside ireland.. i did the Hispanics, Asians, African americans, Anglo-saxons and Native Americans.. My teacher said he originally thoughtr they were looking for you to do Belgium but i hope i dont get zero for that like.. Would be looking at an A1 if I gegt marked on that cause i had nearly 20 SRP's..

i did the gaeltacht in ireland.....em...does that qualify for that question?:pac:

Not quite sure tbh. 3x8 SRPs or 4x6 SRPs are requires. I did 4 x 7.
    Well I assumed seen as there was nothing on the paper saying you needed to do x amount of aspects that if you did 2 or 5 the marks will be divided by that number.... I hope!

I did culture in India for that Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Couldn't be happier with how it went - Global Interdependence Qs were really good and surprisingly, I found it really hard to choose an Economic Q because they were all so nice :)

Well I assumed seen as there was nothing on the paper saying you needed to do x amount of aspects that if you did 2 or 5 the marks will be divided by that number.... I hope!
    Im sure it does! Well at least it recommends you do .

Im sure it does! Well at least it recommends you do .
    Says it would be "better" Judging from that language it aint a necessity to get full marks, as it didnt say such.... hopefully!

I hope for your case it's no a necessity! I doubt it is tbh. You NEED 24 SRPS for full marks though

• Advertisement

I hope for your case it's no a necessity! I doubt it is tbh. You NEED 24 SRPS for full marks though
    I have at least twelve under the two headings I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

Ah the joy's to have Geography done and dusted!
    Biome was a bit weirdly asked, but I just merged my characteristics and plant and animal adapadation to make a new answer. hopefully it'll be ok.
    Regional was lovely and despite my horrific drawing of Ireland I say I got full marks there. I made up a q on migration...

Hopefully I'll get a b1 or a.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Originally Posted by Heaso77 viewpost.gif
    My main worry is in regional section.. i did Q4 which had some culture question in it.. it was something like examine the importance of culture in any region outside ireland.. i did the Hispanics, Asians, African americans, Anglo-saxons and Native Americans.. My teacher said he originally thoughtr they were looking for you to do Belgium but i hope i dont get zero for that like.. Would be looking at an A1 if I gegt marked on that cause i had nearly 20 SRP's..
    i did the gaeltacht in ireland.....em...does that qualify for that question?:pac:

Your little smiley guy means you're joking right?

Yes. It was pretty much the characteristics of a biome. But relating how climate effects it. Eg, the desert toad breeds only during rain.

orlabobs wrote: »
    Ah the joy's to have Geography done and dusted!
    Biome was a bit weirdly asked, but I just merged my characteristics and plant and animal adapadation to make a new answer. hopefully it'll be ok.
    Regional was lovely and despite my horrific drawing of Ireland I say I got full marks there. I made up a q on migration...

Hopefully I'll get a b1 or a.

Haha, I drew Ireland as well. But I noticed in the short questions that there were four little pictures of Ireland in one of them - it was to do with defining regions - had to match the right picture of Ireland to Urban, Cultural, Administrative and Socio-Economic (or was it regional it said?)

Anyways.... was quite handy to be able to copy it straight down from that! :rolleyes:

Theres always a map of Ireland on the key of the ordnance survey map.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Got up at 5 this mornin to study as i couldnt do it last night! Was so tired after English.

But anyway literally read the entire Key Skills revision book and id say i got an A! Delighted! Short Q's were, in my opinion, a farce! Far too easy, thought i was doin pass for a minute lol

Cipango wrote: »
    Got up at 5 this mornin to study as i couldnt do it last night! Was so tired after English.

But anyway literally read the entire Key Skills revision book and id say i got an A! Delighted! Short Q's were, in my opinion, a farce! Far too easy, thought i was doin pass for a minute lol
    I agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭klose

Your little smiley guy means you're joking right?

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2010/LC005ALP000EV.pdf

the correct question is there, it says any region you have studied, dosent specify, so the gaeltacht is rite yeh? just double checking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

I agree!

I wont complain tho! Say i got well above 60/80!

Advertisement