Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And for our Geog peeps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

drurz57 wrote: »
    Could anyone find that mast?! I was looking for ages and i couldnt see it anywhere!:confused:

I was looking on top of all the mountains but there were so many and the sign was so small I had my face on the page. Eventually got it up the top of the map.

The 'wayward walk' got me as well. I was like wow 'I should know what this is?' 2nd question too :pac: Was nervous, what can I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 student12876

NR wrote: »
    It was, it was part of their new specificness, so maybe they'll be lenient on it. I've thought about it and although the sinkhole opens up on on the ground, the process that makes the sinkhole occurs underground. In a diagram you'd draw it mostly underground. Above ground you'd really only mention the stream entering the hole, and the dry valley afterwards.

I've basically been up all night thinking about this one question :(

yea same as myself hopefully they bit a bit lenient afterall it was way too specific hopefully get a few marks off it... nyway wats done is done roll on the summer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

FordieMUFC wrote: »
    If I'm being honest, you'll probably get one. You haven't wrote about the question asked like. Although you could get some maybe for mentioning the processes, but I wouldn't be expecting a B or C in the part tbh.

You did probably the exact same as me on this paper :D
    I did the exact same with the tertiary activities too in Paris, said that the TGV, SNCF and RER along with Charles de Gaulles airport make attractive for tourists in the region.
    Thank god someone else did the same as me :D
    They will have to give us marks for it, cause the transport services in Paris Basin has helped to influence the development of tourism in the Paris Basin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

drurz57 wrote: »
    Could anyone find that mast?! I was looking for ages and i couldnt see it anywhere!:confused:

I found it straight away. it was always going to be on top of a mountain. S 401 290. ;)

Did anyone else do the, "religion as a cultural indicator" question? If so, What religions did u do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

double GG wrote: »
    Did anyone else do the, "religion as a cultural indicator" question? If so, What religions did u do?
    I would imagine you would talk about the 6 counties in that.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I would imagine you would talk about the 6 counties in that.

Actually I didn't! Christianity and Islam ;)

Yeah, that would work, while looking at that I was going to talk about orange order and all that and sectarianism but I did a diff question in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Christianity, Islam, Relationship between Ireland and the church and religious conflict - Catholic and Protestant :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bobbyrae

I absolutely hated the paper. For every q i did there was some part i hated! Id love to know what they were thinking putting metamorphic rocks on like its barely done in my book. I did the karst underground feature and i said a cace and talked about swallow holes forming then the cave and then the features in the cave...im guessing thats ok?because its all part of the cave?Even economic was nasty i thought!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

I think i messed up in the elective qs... about migration change in ireland..
    I talked about movement from the west to the east for job opportunies and educational services and also move from the city of dublin to the suburbs!
    Did i do it totally wrong?? :(

Lily92 wrote: »
    I think i messed up in the elective qs... about migration change in ireland..
    I talked about movement from the west to the east for job opportunies and educational services and also move from the city of dublin to the suburbs!
    Did i do it totally wrong?? :(

Well I was thinking this after it. About rural to urban migration and the urban sprawl. However it said in the last one hundred years so I thought it was the immigration and emigration from Ireland in the Celtic Tiger era and the recession of the 80's respectively. Maybe yours is right I'm not entirely sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

Thanks for the reply.. Fingers crossed :)

Lily92 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.. Fingers crossed :)

Well to be honest, My answer was based on international migration, yours on internal migration so surely they both have to be right? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Well I was thinking this after it. About rural to urban migration and the urban sprawl. However it said in the last one hundred years so I thought it was the immigration and emigration from Ireland in the Celtic Tiger era and the recession of the 80's respectively. Maybe yours is right I'm not entirely sure.

Yeah I did the exact same....went hand in hand with my economics! Was a perfect question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

Hey guys,
    Could someone clear up something for me.I did the conflicting interests question.I didnt find it difficult im just wondering if you were only supposed to talk about one example.The question stated and 'with reference to an example you have studied' in normal writing.It didnt say 'to one example you have studied' in bold.So I took it didnt matter.I mainly talked about one and threw in 3 srps on another example.
    Im just wondering if this is alright.
    Cheers

Doodle53 wrote: »
    .I mainly talked about one and threw in 3 srps on another example.

Cheers

Thats what I would have done also. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

Cheers double GG.Was playing on my mind for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

I did religious conflict in NI, relationship between Church and State and religious conflict in Israel..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Thought the exam went very well! Was slightly taken aback by some of the question groupings in physical but managed to change my limestone pavement answer into a very good answer on a limestone cavern:L
    Was in around 2 pages for all the 30 marks and got a solid 4 page essay done on religion as a cultural indicator

Short questions were good as well-although I spent around five minutes searching for that bloody mast!:L:L

Overall very hopeful of an A1 come August:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Thought the exam went very well! Was slightly taken aback by some of the question groupings in physical but managed to change my limestone pavement answer into a very good answer on a limestone cavern:L
    Was in around 2 pages for all the 30 marks and got a solid 4 page essay done on religion as a cultural indicator

Short questions were good as well-although I spent around five minutes searching for that bloody mast!:L:L

Overall very hopeful of an A1 come August:D
    I spent TEN minutes looking for that mast, then gave up. I had about 2 minutes left at the end of the exam, and found it just as I was handing up my paper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I never even answered the question. I genuinely could not find the bloody thing. Had to get someone to show me after.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

I left that question for a while because of that mast. Heck, at first I didn't even see it on the sheet we were given. But I went back after the long questions and found it straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 watevertrevor

haha had the same problem with the mast! spent about 10 minutes! was getting really really frustrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Peter03

Same here, after a few minutes trying I looked in every square individually and found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Are masts not always on high ground though?
    I thought that made it easy...

I dunno :(

Thats exactly why I found it so quickly. I just looked onto the key and seen the symbol and looked at all the "high" areas and found it on the first mountain. Really wasn't that hard :D:D:D

I looked straight to the mountain. I thought it was obvious too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Haha woo didn't waste no time then :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

Short questions: pretty much perfect
    Physical: Did the one with limestone pavement...one question is like 'what is this called', so i said 'limestone pavement', and then it said 'what rock type?' so I said...erm...limestone... Something tells me I should have written 'sedimentary' too but..yeah

For the bit on fold mountains i explained convection currents/how plates move/destructive boundaries, gave andes and himalayas as examples, discussed folding in Ireland and drew 2-3 diagrams. Should merit full marks.

For the human interaction with rocks, geothermal energy in Iceland.

Regional: did sort of crappy map on mezzogiorno
    Did physical for part 2 and described western region..hilly, bad for farming etc.
    Did Paris Basin for part 3 and wrote about the excellent infrastructure, communications, core region, raw materials, large pop etc etc. Way more than 2 points but I'm covered anyway.

Human Geography elective...Did the one with immigration issues, then for the 'central place' part wrote about how the town is a bridging point, nodal point, has resedential areas, has a tourist function and so is a central place...reckon enough?

Essay = Brown Earths. Everything I know, so about 5-6 pages maybe, on everything about that soil. Full marks hopefully.

Advertisement