Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

And the Czechs and Poles too ;)

Paraguay hands down, for me so far.

World Cup 2010 In Pictures - boards.ie

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Double post.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

The England players visited an orphanage in South Africa this morning.

"It's good to put a smile on the faces of people constantly struggling and facing the impossible" said Jamal Umboto, aged 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

How come there are no white lads on the South African team?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

laugh wrote: »
    How come there are no white lads on the South African team?

80% of the population is black to be fair... and it was considered a 'black' sport during apartheid. The more wealthy white population preferred rugby. Both sports are still recovering from those days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Forlan playing as if he is in a L'oreal ad.

Edit: You bastard.

Some goal by Forlan =o

edit: deflection

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Some goal by Forlan =o

goal of the tournament so far

:eek:

Because he's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Bad defending by SA.

• Advertisement

Love the names of these South American players. Sounds like a team of druglords.

lol @ the SA medics.. they just horse players on to the strethers to get them off the pitch quick. I hope the FA scouts are watching

SA are fcuking sh1te.

Good luck ya horn blowing numpties. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Hate to be that new goalie-talk about under pressure!

super-rush wrote: »
    SA are fcuking sh1te.

and heading out of the WC, may take a minor miracle, and other results to go thier way

Silence for once at the World Cup :D

RonMexico wrote: »

jeuz, the horns, got so used to them didn't realise they had stopped, can hear the crowd for the first time

:D

Worst celebration ever.

Karma for unleashing those fcuking horns on the World Cup. Good riddance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I shall miss the vuvuzelas. :D

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    I shall miss the vuvuzelas. :D

Don't jinx it :mad: The 30,000 people no longer attending the matches will now be outside selling them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Don't jinx it :mad: The 30,000 people no longer attending the matches will now be outside selling them!

Never thought of that! :( Oh the horror. I retract my previous statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

RonMexico wrote: »

Forlan: The vuvezela killer....the silence was bizarre. Kind of like when the electricity goes and you realise how much background noise there normally is in every room

The price of staging such an event is ludicrous. I'm glad Bill mentioned it there. 10 billion euro, that's almost .20 NAMAs in Irish money!

I've been listening to the radio most of the evening and there are reports coming out of SA that the defeat tonight could spark off protests/rioting among the workers who built the statiums and stewards over not getting paid what they are owed. There are fears that white fans are going to be targeted. It doesn't sound good over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

South African riot police responded to protests by thousands of stewards at the soccer World Cup, with tear gas attacks and rubber bullets.
    http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/jun2010/safr-j16.shtml

super-rush wrote: »
    I've been listening to the radio most of the evening and there are reports coming out of SA that the defeat tonight could spark off protests/rioting among the workers who built the statiums and stewards over not getting paid what they are owed. There are fears that white fans are going to be targeted. It doesn't sound good over there.

Will be interesting to see how it goes. There does seem to be elements who want to show SA as the wrong choice for the World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

RTÉ is definitely better than the British crap.

Bill sits there acting like he knows nothing about football and asking strange and irrelevant questions from time to time. "I read yesterday that...", "Do you agree with that John", "Ah c'mon now Eamon". He seems to stir the sh1t, and that's good entertainment.

I love the way Johnny sits back in the chair with his flabby chin resting on the neck of his shirt and then wobbling when he sits back up to analyse a piece of footage. He also seems to be getting forgetful - asking Eamon what you call "yer man" again! "To be honest Bill I don't know anything about them", "I honestly don't know where he plays but I know that people from over there are honest and industrious players"!

Graeme Souness said "rape" on live television. What he meant to say was "taken apart". This and various other snippets of comedy from the panel can be seen on YOUTUBE.

"Okey Doke. Good night and God Bless"!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

You can...shove your vuvuzelas up your a**e
    Shove your vuvuzela's up your arse!
    Shove your vuvuzelas
    Shove your vuvuzelas!
    You can shove your vuvuzela's up your arse!

First hosts of the WC I've ever wished went out early to shut up their vuvuzelas! FIFA are being too PC! Talk about ruining half (or more) of the World Cup because we can't hear the singing of fans!

...where is Mr Mandela to beat some sense into them? They're ruining the WC, dude! I loved watching SA winning the rugby WC but this is majorly getting it wrong, fan-wise. Everyone in the media is too afraid to say it because they're feeling guilty about not looking after your poor.

Advertisement