Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

bonerm wrote: »
    Yep, that was the joke. I was hoping I could get Kiera to read it aloud at her place of business.

your a bad man

:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Flirting makes me want to puke.
    Flirting and whisky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Kiera wrote: »
    :cool:

Stop flirting with me please (hate all that flirty crap) and bring the thread back on topic :P

muahahahahahahahahaha

Heh, you wish!

Anyway, totally unrelated but if anyone is totally bored you can now get google streetview maps from *inside* the World Cup stadiums. Eg have a walk around Soccer City before todays kick-off at 1230pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

bonerm wrote: »
    Heh, you wish!

Anyway, totally unrelated but if anyone is totally bored you can now get google streetview maps from *inside* the World Cup stadiums. Eg have a walk around Soccer City before todays kick-off at 1230pm

Why would you be arsed with that? :confused:

Argentina to win, messi any time goal scorer, 6/4

:cool:

• Advertisement

i can hear drums and people cheering, whats that all about, ban em i say

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Why would you be arsed with that? :confused:

Load of reasons. For one you could count all plastic seats and see how accurate the official estimates were. I've just finished this ground. Official total for the place is 94,700 seats but I can confirm they were way off. There's really only 94,693.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

ha. there's a guy on the Argentinian team called tia maria

here's a photo of him

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Is anyone else not that bothered by the vuvuzelas? :)

i think they're great, add a lively background noise that's missing from most football matches.

Also drowns out the English scumbags singing "swing low" and the like

English scumbags make up great soccer chants IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

i think they're great, add a lively background noise that's missing from most football matches.

We need the crowd, especially when there's a big neutral crowd, to see which way the neutrals are cheering. At this WC you can't tell who's more popular, who has better fans, etc etc.
    Also drowns out the English scumbags singing "swing low" and the like

More of a rugby song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

lol, the odds on Argentina to win just went from 1/100 to 1/12 with that goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

SV wrote: »
    lol, the odds on Argentina to win just went from 1/100 to 1/12 with that goal
    Don't you mean Korea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Don't you mean Korea?

No, I'm pretty sure I mean Argentina!

1/100, not 100/1 :p

SV wrote: »
    No, I'm pretty sure I mean Argentina!

1/100, not 100/1 :p

Ah yes! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The staduim is half empthy, you would see more people at a Hurling replay between Cavan and Donegal. Just shows what a failure S.A have made of the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

The staduim is half empthy, you would see more people at a Hurling replay between Cavan and Donegal. Just shows what a failure S.A have made of the world cup.

Here's the South African Official Response .....

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did some fella from ITV get the sack for giving some tickets to some dutch birds in mini-skirts?
    Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Did some fella from ITV get the sack for giving some tickets to some dutch birds in mini-skirts?
    Fair play to him.

Did you see the birds?
    After watching them I got the sack ... into my hand.
    :pac::pac::pac:

Whoever in ITV that was responsible for having an adbreak and missing the English goal, should have been sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's hardly the most attractive choice now. Happens at other World Cups from my memory.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Fair play to him.

Yup, it was something to do with them promoting beer....

Mini skirts + Beer + Netherlands? And they get arrested?
    What the hell is wrong with South Africa?!

Mini skirts + Beer + Netherlands? And they get arrested?
    What the hell is wrong with South Africa?!

Yeah i dont really get why they were kicked out tbh. Some of them were quite hot too, B. You missed it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Mini skirts + Beer + Netherlands? And they get arrested? What the hell is wrong with South Africa?!
    Yeah i dont really get why they were kicked out tbh. Some of them were quite hot too, B. You missed it all!

Blame the mafifa.

prinz wrote: »
    Blame the mafifa.

I see what you did there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Amazingly in the last hour I haven't been offered $20,000,000 from an African dictator in exile or been asked to help a kidnapped King who will reward me with $15,000,000 just for holding money in my account. Strange,,,

I'll give you a tenner for your underpants if you don't wash them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Ya Robbie Earle was sacked from the ITV panel because a number of his allocated tickets got into the hands of a 'third party'. Bold boy Robbie. Nice TV career down the Swanny for the sake of a few tickets.

• Advertisement

Spanish football fans have been speculating that goalkeeper Iker Casillas may have been distracted by his TV reporter girlfriend.

Attention focused on Casillas after Spain's shock 1-0 defeat to Switzerland in their first game of the World Cup.

His girlfriend, Sara Carbonero, once voted the world's sexiest journalist, was filming behind the goalmouth before the game.

She then conducted a post-match interview with Casillas.

The wives and girlfriends of Spanish players, known as esposas y novias (wives and girlfriends), are barred from accompanying them to the tournament.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10340039.stm

She is not bad looking. Shouldn't be standing so close to the goal though. A smack of a ball in the face could end her career rapid.

Advertisement