Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

In before the merge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I'm sure this has been posted but . . .:

I LOVE MEXICO!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moiged.

Yeah and **** you France. And the handball you rode in on. For ****ing shame. Cheated a team that tried hard and players that cared out of a place in the world cup so you could throw a temper tantrum over your manager.
    For shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

I'm sure this has been posted but . . .:

I LOVE MEXICO!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You have to hand to the French, they couldn't handle it. I would have favoured a more hands-on approach from them in such a handy match to be honest.

Au Revoir!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

One other thing all the anti french bias aside, France are a now a terrible football squad and Ireland would have taken them only for Henry and be in the World Cup, this evening Mexico would probably have beaten us or drawn, Ireland are a better squad than France and I reckon would have stole it against Uruguay or at least drawn as France did, I am certain that Ireland would qualify for the last 16 if the French had not cheated us.

I love the sweet smell of Karma in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Raymond Domenech, Brigitte Bardot, Gérard Depardieu, Audrey Tautou, Raymond Blanc, Louis Vuitton, Luc Besson, Jacques Chirac, Nicolas Sarkozy, can you hear me, your boys took one hell of a beating.

:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

OutlawPete wrote: »

At last we know the answer to 0:33.....

C'mon you niño's in verde!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I love the smell of karma in the morning.

Plenty of Irish flags in the stadium; great to see!

• Advertisement

Stinicker wrote: »
    Mexico are now forgiven for USA 94
    Ah yes, Luis Garcia made me cry. Although, Jorge Campos' kit was rockin'.

.... and speaking of which, this is always good for a laugh ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Edith Piaf! Francois Mitterrand! Gerard Depardieu! Nicolas Sarkozy! Brigitte Bardo! Marcel marceau! Raymond Blanc! Can you hear me Jean Michelle Jarre!! Your boys took one hell of a beating. Jean Michelle Jarre, your boys took one hell of a beating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

go on the mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This Luis Garcia? :cool:

YouTube - UEFA CL 2005 Semi-Final 2nd Leg - Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea Highlights

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

irish-stew wrote: »
    Raymond Domenech, Brigitte Bardot, Gérard Depardieu, Audrey Tautou, Raymond Blanc, Louis Vuitton, Luc Besson, Jacques Chirac, Nicolas Sarkozy, can you hear me, your boys took one hell of a beating.

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Edith Piaf! Francois Mitterrand! Gerard Depardieu! Nicolas Sarkozy! Brigitte Bardo! Marcel marceau! Raymond Blanc! Can you hear me Jean Michelle Jarre!! Your boys took one hell of a beating. Jean Michelle Jarre, your boys took one hell of a beating!

<clears throat>

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

bonerm wrote: »
    .... and speaking of which, this is always good for a laugh ....

Yep, substituting Aldo for Tommy Coyne!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    The Barcelona reject?? Nah, the Mexican Luis Garcia, haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

What's the betting on Lifestyle/Elvery's doing a deal on mexican kits? :)

K-9 wrote: »
    Yep, substituting Aldo for Tommy Coyne!

I think Aldridge was about 36 at that time of that game He wasn't up to running around in the sun for 90mins. In fact it was about all he could muster just to scream "yeh wahnkeh, yeh dichkhead" at the official before needing a water break.

• Advertisement

Anyone cheering on England tonight? Nah, me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yeah I am. I'm not on the "lets hate the English" bandwagon. I'd like to see them go far in the WC.

I think Aldridge was about 36 at that time of that game He wasn't up to running around in the sun for 90mins. In fact it was about all he could muster just to scream "yeh wahnkeh, yeh dichkhead" at the official before needing a water break.
    Still, the goal he scored in that match took us through to the second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Yeah, I am! I hope they win the thing.
    COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Kiera wrote: »
    Yeah I am. I'm not on the "lets hate the English" bandwagon. I'd like to see them go far in the WC.

Yeah I'd like to see them go far....but not win the thing because then we'd never hear the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

So do you have reasons for supporting England then or is it just to try to be different from the sterotype?
    Actually am curious like.

personally I'd like to see them lose horribly tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

SV wrote: »
    So do you have reasons for supporting England then or is it just to try to be different from the sterotype?

Yeah i do have a reason. Thanks for asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

SV wrote: »

(I know you didn't ask ME this, but I'll answer anyway :pac:)

I'm supporting them because they're our nearest neighbours, why not? Also, I have a lot of English friends, and I know they'd support Ireland if the situations were reversed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Yeah i do have a reason. Thanks for asking.

Gonna share it nah?
    I'm supporting them because they're our nearest neighbours, why not? Also, I have a lot of English friends, and I know they'd support Ireland if the situations were reversed.

I'm not because they're the most arrogant arseholes ever when it comes to football and they think they're always gonna win(or that they even have a hope), it's incredibly annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm not supporting them becuase I want to see the underdogs do well. I love to see the bigger teams being beaten

Advertisement