Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Would have thought Vidic needed a red card for that. Cant believe he missed the penalty.
    Then Serbia hitting the upright.
    Blooming balls.

i blame the altitude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

^^^^^ Yep...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Is the ref a bit trigger happy with the cards? I've only got to see the last bit of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Do yellow cards add up like the Champions League?

2 yellows in 2 matches and you are out?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

DIY merchant.

• Advertisement

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Is the ref a bit trigger happy with the cards? I've only got to see the last bit of the match.

Must be 7 or 8 now. Sending of was 2 yellows, harsh.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

this ref is ridiculous now, he'll be going home after this one
    K-9 wrote: »

as far as i'm aware, but i think card count is reset back to zero when you reach the second round

ie, if your on one yellow and you get to the second round, your back to no cards, but if you get booked in your 3rd match in the first round and its your second of the tournament, you will miss the second round

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

K-9 wrote: »

Yep.

This ref could prove very costly later on then. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Had the potential to be a cracking match. Ref screwed that possibility. Clown :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The cards in this World Cup are re-set after the quarter finals - so any player already on one yellow will not miss the final if they pick up a yellow in the semi-final. That's what they said on the BBC commentary earlier.

As an aside - I think this thread needs more off topic posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ref is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Aaaaaaaaaaaghh!!!! Stupid ref.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Lets hope this sets up Germany V England in the last 16, that would be sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

irish-stew wrote: »
    the ref is slowly killing this one
    disagreed with ya at first, but jaysus he was progressively awful as the match went on.

OMG I must have missed the penalty while I was out walkin the dog :pac:

Stinicker wrote: »
    Lets hope this sets up Germany V England in the last 16, that would be sweet!

no it wouldn't

:P

I'm wondering why this game was the first of the day and the next game in the group is not until tomorrow. The England game should be on now instead of the prime time slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

who's in the 3pm game?

edit: doesnt matter - Slovenia vs. USA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

super-rush wrote: »
    I'm wondering why this game was the first of the day and the next game in the group is not until tomorrow. The England game should be on now instead of the prime time slot.

Why exactly?

The England game is on at prime time because it will attract most interest and viewers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Slovenia Vs. USA next.
    ZZZzzz

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Why exactly?

The England game is on at prime time because it will attract most interest and viewers.

Why change things just for the England game? Why not Italy, Brazil, Argentina?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Why exactly?

Shur whats primetime? This tournament is worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The second round schedule is not strictly by group - South Africa game on Wednesday evening and it was Thursday evening before the France-Mexico game from the same group. You hardly expect FIFA to be logical???

If Ghana win, that group gets interesting, with Serbia playing Australia in their last match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Well Englands final group game is on at 3pm next week on a working day so that does away with the theory that they are revolving the fixtures around evening viewing times to suit the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

Come on the Yanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

super-rush wrote: »
    Why change things just for the England game? Why not Italy, Brazil, Argentina?

It's the way it has always been done, for everyone, including Italy, Brazil etc.
    SeaFields wrote: »
    Shur whats primetime? This tournament is worldwide.

They go by the host nation's time zone.

to those more soccer savvy than me...what would be the wost result in the Slovenia - USA game for England?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Slovenia Vs. USA next.
    ZZZzzz

if you were from the US or slovenian, you wouldnt be sleeping... could be a good game, hopefully, and i got money on novakovic. come on!

• Advertisement

Great goal. Sh1te celebration.

Advertisement