Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

orourkeda wrote: »
    f*cking superb.

who the f*ck is she. the sexy beyotch

Tina from Corrie-Michelle Keegan in real life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Tina from Corrie-Michelle Keegan in real life

Magnificent. I am totally whackin' off to that photo later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

Stinicker wrote: »
    I wonder who are worst England or France?

A very valid question! We'll see how they both stand up to be counted or not in their last group match, I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

how comically hilarious is the "if england and france end up in the final,who will you root for?" question now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

England fan gets into dressing room.. 'words exchanged' with players according to UTV - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8749232.stm

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭elchupanebrey

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I missed Rooney's reaction to the crowds. Any vids up anywhere yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I missed Rooney's reaction to the crowds. Any vids up anywhere yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

England fan gets into dressing room.. 'words exchanged' with players according to UTV - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8749232.stm

Maybe wanted a word with Rooney.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

What's Rooney's second sentence? *something something* supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What's Rooney's second sentence? *something something* supporters?

I can't make out the last bit either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Saibh wrote: »

In case anyones still confused he says; Nice to see your home fans boo ya, thanks for the loyal support...

I like Rooney as a player but he should be keeping his mouth shut. He was no better than any of his teammates today.

Like one of the fellas on the rte panel said, if he'd played a blinder & the other 10 were rubbish then he'd have every right to be annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah its a bit tricky to hear.

In case anyones still confused he says; Nice to see your home fans boo ya, thanks for the loyal support...

Cheers. Working off that, I think it's "Nice to see your home fans booing ya. That's what loyal support is", and then inaudibly as he looks away, "f**k's sake".

(And I agree, he was crap enough too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Cheers. Working off that, I think it's "Nice to see your home fans booing ya. That's what loyal support is", and then inaudibly as he looks away, "f**k's sake".

(And I agree, he was crap enough too.)
    That's what I hear too.

Home fans? If it was the home fans he'd be hearing "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!", not "Boooooooooooooooo!"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

The England team went to visit an orphanage in South Africa this morning.
    "It's good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling and facing the impossible" said Jamal Umboto aged 5 and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My (English) friend just updated her FB status:

"I can't believe we only managed a draw against a sh*t team we
    should easily have beaten.

I'm ashamed to call myself Algerian."

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

That is an amazing TV shot from behind the goal in the stadium in Durban. Unfortunately 0ther than Sneijders effort it is the only amazing shot for the last 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Just read Anelka is getting sent home after a row with the French coach. Sure they'll all be going home soon enough anyway!

• Advertisement

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Just read Anelka is getting sent home after a row with the French coach.

Rather odd behaviour alright. The driver must be pissed of with him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I see Rob Green found alternative employment at the WC :eek:

Eejit of a tv director nearly missed a goal by Ghana straight after by showing the replays, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,002 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not happy with the USA result the other day... but then again Im sure a lot of people weren't happy with the England result either :pac:

With Argentina's spirits broken and their chances of getting into the cup shattered, heres hoping they'll be an easy pushover for 3 points

That penalty seemed ridiculous. 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Overheal wrote: »
    Not happy with the USA result the other day... but then again Im sure a lot of people weren't happy with the England result either :pac:

With Argentina's spirits broken and their chances of getting into the cup shattered, heres hoping they'll be an easy pushover for 3 points

Are many people following the WC where you are? Heard Michael Graham on Newstalk saying that nobody in the US cared.. though he is full of shit in most things he talks about

Are many people following the WC where you are? Heard Michael Graham on Newstalk saying that nobody in the US cared.. though he is full of shit in most things he talks about
    Not many, and I am in work during the day so trying to catch games on the PC is difficult. I missed the Slovenia match :( I hear it was actually a great game for the first 85 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

I don't need to click into that: Im American and even I know Johnny Giles is a ____________________________________________________________________.

Just on the yellow cards that I asked about yesterday, FIFA changed the rules, announced today:

RTÉ Sport: Yellow cards to stand until quarter-finals - FIFA

They count until the Q/F's are up, to try and avoid players missing the final due to earlier yellows. Bit unfair if they pick up 2 before that, they miss the Semis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

So I was enjoying my pre-heading on the piss power nap when an awful noise woke me from my dreams of cold ones....a fuppin' vuvuzela!

Two of the kids in my estate got their hands on them and I know how these things work - they will all get them now.

Oh sweet Jesus. :(

Advertisement