Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

This Ardilles fella is a bit of plonker.

Supposedly himself and Dunphy had a bust-up. Dunphy should be on himself tonight for the Brazil game. He was in the National Concert Hall last night for some gig. I hope he's joining Graeme and Johnny tonight. They're are the best panel, always entertaining and fighting.

Why is Ardilles on now anyway? Brazil are playing tonight! Maybe he wanted peace to look at his team instead of looking at those eejits. The same happened with Didi when Germany was playing against Serbia.

Long Live Johnny, Graeme and Eamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Mick Daly wrote: »
    Why is Ardilles on now anyway? Brazil are playing tonight!

Ardiles is Argentinian.

Yea. I thought he was Brazillian. Not much odds either way. Still can't understand a f*cking word he says.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Go on the Kiwi's:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Well done The All Whites. Nothing like the underdogs showing how to do it:D

• Advertisement

Oh Ricki you're so fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Good stuff from the Kiwi's!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Well done The All Whites. Nothing like the underdogs showing how to do it:D

I love this World Cup; a great one for the little guy with the big guns misfiring all over the place.

Kiwis Hold Italy

Serbia beat Germany

France flops Mexico and held by Uruguay

England playing crap, two draws

Spain beaten by Switzerland

America playing their hearts out against England and Slovenia

Brazil very underwhelming against North Korea, tonight will tell alot

Argentina are playing pure vintage and will easily win this World Cup under Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi will go down in History are the greatest ever surpassing Maradone and Pele after this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I Just heard the Bookies had to buy shovels rakes and wheelbarrows such is the money they are making.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8750302.stm
    France's players refused to train on Sunday following Nicolas Anelka's expulsion from the squad for verbally abusing coach Raymond Domenech.

Domenech read out a statement from his squad which said: "The French Football Federation did not at any time try to protect the group.

"To show our opposition to the decision taken [on Anelka], all the players decided not to take part in training."

The French Football Federation's managing director subsequently quit.

Moments before a public training session was about to begin, Domenech had to separate captain Patrice Evra and fitness coach Robert Duverne.

Duverne is understood to have stormed away from an argument with Manchester United left-back Evra, throwing his accreditation badge to the ground.

The players then left the pitch and walked towards the bus where they had a meeting with Domenech behind closed curtains.
    Nicolas Anelka and Raymond Domenech
    Domenech (right) chose Anelka to start France's first two games

"I am disgusted, I am quitting my post," FFF managing director Jean-Louis Valentin said immediately after the incident between Evra and Duverne, before driving off in his car.

"It's a scandal for the French, for the federation and the French team.

"They don't want to train. It's unacceptable. As for me, it's over. I'm leaving the federation. I'm sickened and disgusted."

I have a real problem with this. Regardless of personal problems they should care enough to do their job for the fans and their own country. You know? I get it. Anelka sent home cos Domenech's a plonker. It sucks. But you move on. You ****ing train before the last game.
    "With this statement, all the players in the France squad without exception want to declare their opposition to the decision taken by the French Football Federation to exclude Nicolas Anelka from the squad.

"If we regret the incident which occurred at half-time of the match between France and Mexico, we regret even more the leak of an event which should have remained within the group and which is quite common in a high-level team.

"At the request of the squad, the player in question attempted to have dialogue but his approach was ignored.

"For its part, the French Football Federation has at no time tried to protect the squad.

"It has made a decision (to send Anelka home) without consulting all the players, on the basis of the facts reported by the press.

"Accordingly, and to mark the opposition to those at the highest level of French football, all the players decided not to train today.

"Out of respect for the public who came to attend training, we decided to go to meet the fans who, by their presence, showed their full support.

"For our part, we are aware of our responsibilities as those wearing the colours of our country. Also for those we have towards our fans and countless children who keep Les Bleus as role models.

"We forget none of our duties.

"We will do everything individually and also in a collective spirit to ensure that France regains its honour with a positive performance on Tuesday."
    French players statement in full.

• Advertisement

I have a real problem with this. Regardless of personal problems they should care enough to do their job for the fans and their own country. You know? I get it. Anelka sent home cos Domenech's a plonker. It sucks. But you move on. You ****ing train before the last game..

Anelka got sent home because he's a plonker. A lot of the French squad sound like total prats tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Stinicker wrote: »
    I love this World Cup; a great one for the little guy with the big guns misfiring all over the place.

Kiwis Hold Italy

Serbia beat Germany

France flops Mexico and held by Uruguay

England playing crap, two draws

Spain beaten by Switzerland

America playing their hearts out against England and Slovenia

Brazil very underwhelming against North Korea, tonight will tell alot

Argentina are playing pure vintage and will easily win this World Cup under Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi will go down in History are the greatest ever surpassing Maradone and Pele after this.

America were favourites against Slovenia.:confused:

Oh yeah. A definite plonker.
    The whole thing's a complete shambles.

Wasn't too impressed with De Rossi's little tumble this morning either. He went down like a sniper took him out.

prinz wrote: »
    Anelka got sent home because he's a plonker. A lot of the French squad sound like total prats tbh.

Anelka got sent home cos him and Domenech are both plonkers! Yep,i agree with the 2nd part of that too

Oh yeah. A definite plonker.
    The whole thing's a complete shambles.

The level of bullying sounds unreal for adults, especially against Gourcuff. There's talk that the squad is falling apart, with players refusing to pass to Gourcuff during matches, Gourcuff having to eat alone because others won't sit with him in the team hotel during meals etc, really petty crap. There was even talk of an on-flight scuffle between Ribery and Gourcuff as they were travelling in SA. Most of the French squad are sounding like total twats.

prinz wrote: »
    The level of bullying sounds unreal for adults, especially against Gourcuff. There's talk that the squad is falling apart, with players refusing to pass to Gourcuff during matches, Gourcuff having to eat alone because others won't sit with him in the team hotel during meals etc, really petty crap. There was even talk of an on-flight scuffle between Ribery and Gourcuff as they were travelling in SA. Most of the French squad are sounding like total twats.

Who don't care about their fans, don't deserve to be there and cheated to get there in the first place.

TL;DR: IT SHOULDA BEEN US!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

He has a lot to answer for that Thierry Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yay! Eamon's back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Well done NZ. They were my adopted team for WC2010 but even I was expecting nothing but 3x heavy beatings before the tournament kicked off.

A nice handy win against Paraguay next week and bring on the last 16 (possibly)! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

these ****ing horns in the stadium are pissing me off more and more. bastard ******* things!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Who don't care about their fans, don't deserve to be there and cheated to get there in the first place.

TL;DR: IT SHOULDA BEEN US!!!!

Exactly.
    There would have been no animosity towards the management or players going home early if Ireland hadda made it to the World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

The french are philisophical fools.:pac:

Abrasax wrote: »
    Exactly.
    There would have been no animosity towards the management or players going home early if Ireland hadda made it to the World Cup.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Random wrote: »
    these ****ing horns in the stadium are pissing me off more and more. bastard ******* things!

The horns and George Hamilton = mute button.

Watching the game while listening to Marvin Gaye and drinking a few bottles of Pilsner Urquell FTW. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

BBC= No horns
    Well except when Samantha Janus is on it :D

Great goal!

EDIT: Bar the handballs...

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Fabiano - the new Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Ela Ela Elano!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Ela Ela Elano!