Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol.. what a childish way to end what was a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Bye bye Kaka

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Absolute joke.FFS the reffing is getting worse match by match. TMO ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That was ridiculous acting to get him sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You gotta love the French :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

bloody ref and fabiano having a laugh and a chat about his handballs wtf? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

the vuvuzela has invaded the GAA...there were several around me today at the Cork-Limerick hurling match. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

super-rush wrote: »
    You gotta love the French :rolleyes:

Nobody loves the french.

They dont even like themselves or each other anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

SeaFields wrote: »
    the vuvuzela has invaded the GAA...there were several around me today at the Cork-Limerick hurling match. :mad:

GAA have actively banned them - they should have been taken off the users by the stewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

nocal wrote: »
    GAA have actively banned them - they should have been taken off the users by the stewards.

Prying them out of the hands of a 7 or 8 year old would cause a riot. Hopefully they are just a phase and will die out when world cup is over.

• Advertisement

nocal wrote: »

Are uilleann pipes still allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Dunphy is some clown in fairness. He was having an argument with Souness there about the players of today. Dunphy was saying they were no different to the players of the past in their professionalism. Souness was saying they're paid too much and the money has gone to their heads i.e. wanting to pick the team themselves, having too much of a say in team affairs etc. It stemmed from the John Terry interview, where Terry said he thought Joe Cole should be in the starting eleven. I recall Dunphy in the past calling today's players overpaid spoilt brats, do I not? What a bloody idiot!

SeaFields wrote: »

Nnnnoooooo :mad:
    Im staying away from any type of matches till the novelty wears off with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Dunphy is some clown in fairness. He was having an argument with Souness there about the players of today. Dunphy was saying they were no different to the players of the past in their professionalism. Souness was saying they're paid too much and the money has gone to their heads i.e. wanting to pick the team themselves, having too much of a say in team affairs etc. It stemmed from the John Terry interview, where Terry said he thought Joe Cole should be in the starting eleven. I recall Dunphy in the past calling today's players overpaid spoilt brats, do I not? What a bloody idiot!

True, was too contrived, especially the "we fell out before" line.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Mick Daly wrote: »
    Remember?

The lads look so happy to be wearing those sombreros!

Looking forward to the N. Korea match.. hope they put as much pressure on Portugal as they did on Brazil

Looking forward to the N. Korea match.. hope they put as much pressure on Portugal as they did on Brazil

I can't see the Portugese handling the Korean shut-out as well as the Brazilians did. Tempers might flare a bit.

What odds can I get on Ronaldo receiving a red card I wonder?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I can't see the Portugese handling the Korean shut-out as well as the Brazilians did. Tempers might flare a bit.

What odds can I get on Ronaldo receiving a red card I wonder?

He's 25/1 to be sent off on PaddyPower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

They can finally lay the ghosts of '66 to rest.
    Come on, People's Republic of Korea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Danny is 12/1 on Betfair just to score a goal.

Great bet as reports are that Deco is out of the game and that he will be playing a more attacking role.

Scratch that, team news just in and Danny is out of the starting 11 also:
    Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz has made the decision to replace Deco with Tiago in midfield, while Hugo Almeida will start as the lone striker instead of Liedson, who hugely disappointed against Ivory Coast. Additionally, Paulo Ferreira and Danny have both been axed, too.

Line-up: Eduardo; Miguel, Carvalho, Alves, Coentrao; Meireles, Pedro Mendes; Simao, Tiago, Ronaldo; Hugo Almeida

Gee it's wet there.

Korea aren't afraid to shoot from long range.. they've come close a few times. Really nice team to watch

edit// damn! 1-0 Portugulls

Crap, at half time I was just about to lay into the 5/1 available on Betfair for 4 Goals or more .. now it's odds-on .. dammit :(

Ah fcukit! 3-0

*nukes Portugal*

*with photoshop*

wtf?! I missed two of the goals! :mad:

Jesus,they're getting slaughtered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I thought the North Korean defence were brilliant in there last match, they're getting hammered now!

Ronaldo's a fecking roide.

Me nipples are like bullets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i hate the face on ronaldo, he looks like a cocky little prick.

Advertisement