Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

The Argentinians know a few things about handling the ball to score a goal. Their manager practically invented it!

True, but, their soccer-superstar manager also did this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rW-lK9F6TU

Brazil and Argentina are looking pretty good in the WC atm, tbh. Any chance they could meet in the final? (I would actually like to see Maradona win a WC as manager of Argentina. 'twould add a much needed element of romance to these finals, at a minimum. I'd like to see him manage an Argentinian team to a WC win anywhere, though, for the same love-of-the-game reason.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Demonon

David Villa should be seriously punished by FIFA for that attack earlier. It's things like that destroying the game, with millions of young soccer players all over the world looking up to him and players like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Demonon wrote: »
    David Villa should be seriously punished by FIFA for that attack earlier. It's things like that destroying the game, with millions of young soccer players all over the world looking up to him and players like him.

I didn't realise that Eamon Dunphy posted on Boards. Think of the kids, won't someone PLEASE think of the kids! :D

True, but, their soccer-superstar manager also did this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rW-lK9F6TU

Brazil and Argentina are looking pretty good in the WC atm, tbh. Any chance they could meet in the final? (I would actually like to see Maradona win a WC as manager of Argentina. 'twould add a much needed element of romance to these finals, at a minimum. I'd like to see him manage an Argentinian team to a WC win anywhere, though, for the same love-of-the-game reason.)

The way the knock out draws are set up, yes.

• Advertisement

I didn't realise that Eamon Dunphy posted on Boards. Think of the kids, won't someone PLEASE think of the kids! :D

So you agree with players in the world cup finals randomly smacking each other in the face and getting away with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

So you agree with players in the world cup finals randomly smacking each other in the face and getting away with it?

It was a barely a flick.

As Fromvert said, it was hardly a flick - he wasn't even facing him & arms get thrown quite commonly in football, especially when players are hanging out of each other or shirt pulling.

I would prefer to see players being sent off for over reacting to this, in the effort to get the other player sent off - especially the ones who go down holding their faces as if they have been shot in the head, even when it was clear that the other players arm or hand hit them below the neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

No Evra.

Cisse on instead of Henry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Did yer man try to grab him or something? Villa seemed p*ssed off about something - not saying he should have smacked him but it looks like he was reacting to something.

• Advertisement

He tried to grab his cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Was there no match on earlier, or did i miss it?

No more matches at 12.30.

Last Group matches played at same time. 2 matches on now. France V South Africa and Mexico V Uruguay.

France V South Africa is on UTV/ITV as well. The other match is on RTÉ online

alwaysadub wrote: »

No - there's two matches kicking off on 10 minutes;

France v South Africa
    Mexico v Paraguay

The cup is at the final stage of the group stages, so all the matches for the next few days will start simultaneously as most of the results between the matches will effcet the overall outcome of the group qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

alwaysadub wrote: »

No you didn't miss anything. Final two games in group A are on now and the final games in group B are on tonight.

Mick Daly wrote: »
    He tried to grab his cock.

A graduate of the Vinny Jones school of footballing then, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

Mick Daly wrote: »
    No more matches at 12.30.

Last Group matches played at same time. 2 matches on now. France V South Africa and Mexico V Uruguay.

France V South Africa is on UTV/ITV as well. The other match is on RTÉ online

Mexico v Uruguay is live on ITV4.

Are RTE going to jump over to the other game if there's a 'kickball score goal' did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Take that France! Ha ha ha ha ha ha

1-0
    G'wan the South Africa!!!

• Advertisement

Oh that will knock the French confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Free pizza?

Neither of these teams are getting through.

No matter what the result of the other game, France need to win by four goals and South Africa by five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ruddy hell, that French keeper doesn't look confident when anything comes floating into the box! The lad hasn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ha ha ha ha. Red card!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

LOL redcard!

In fairness that's a joke. Is it Gourcuff?

Edit: Domenech facepalm. Muahahahaha.

Cisse off!! :eek:

Trainwreck match is trainwreck.

Red Card , wtf :eek: Bye bye Cisse

Oh wait,not Cisse after all....

• Advertisement

Well, if things stay the same in the other match & South Africa score another 5 goals, they'll go through!

Advertisement