Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Ha ha ha usa top the group!!! Feckin priceless.

Fair play to england for finishing 2nd in the easiest group in the world cup.:D

Cappello's going on as if they've just won the whole thing.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

saram wrote: »
    Who finishes top then of the group- England or The USA?

USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then Bill Clinton leans over and whispers something into Platinis ear and Algeria have a man sent off.

Shennanigans!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Cappello's going on as if they've just won the whole thing.:rolleyes:
    His job and reputation were on the line, so I don't begrudge him a little celebration at this point! :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

mike65 wrote: »
    So then Bill Clinton leans over and whispers something into Platinis ear and Algeria have a man sent off.

Shennanigans!

Good old Slick Willie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

The US are 1st,then England

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Germany will take that team apart IMO. Roll on Sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

How I look forward to Germany thrashing this more than useless English team, I think the Germans will destroy them about 4 or 5 nil. Ireland would have beaten England well today had we met them and it was good enough for Slovenia who were happy enough to be beaten as the Americans and Algerians played a stalemate.

I am glad America scored not only because it allows Germany to thrash England :pac: but it is also knocked out those hapless Slovenians who could have defeated this english team if they wanted to, Donovan wrecked them in injury time and it suits them right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Fingers crossed we get an England v Germany tie!

Great to see the USA through instead of Slovena, was able to watch both games at the same time, priceless looking at the Slovenia team knowing they were not yet aware of the USA goal

That said Germany better get their act together tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

prinz wrote: »
    Germany will take that team apart IMO. Roll on Sunday.
    Stinicker wrote: »
    How I look forward to Germany thrashing this more than useless English team, I think the Germans will destroy them about 4 or 5 nil. Ireland would have beaten England well today had we met them and it was good enough for Slovenia who were happy enough to be beaten as the Americans and Algerians played a stalemate.

I am glad America scored not only because it allows Germany to thrash England :pac: but it is also knocked out those hapless Slovenians who could have defeated this english team if they wanted to, Donovan wrecked them in injury time and it suits them right.

Germany need to beat (not draw with) Ghana, don't get too cocky yet. Its been an "interesting" world cup, it could get more interesting yet!

Jaysus christ, is anyone watching the bbc coverage?

The combination of alan shearer & alan hansen's boring mono-tone voices & stone faced expressions makes me appreciative of rte's panel.

And they're complimenting england as if they just played a great game??:D:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Greyfox wrote: »
    Fingers crossed we get an England v Germany tie!

Great to see the USA through instead of Slovena, was able to watch both games at the same time, priceless looking at the Slovenia team knowing they were not yet aware of the USA goal

Yeah they way they went in all shaking hands with the English team and smiling, imagine the facepalm in the dressing room when they were told Donovan scored!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The combination of alan shearer & alan hansen's boring mono-tone voices & stone faced expressions makes me appreciative of rte's panel.

And they're complimenting england as if they just played a great game??:D:rolleyes:

The usual manic depressive episodes of support tbh. It's amazing what a goal against a terrible team will do to people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I dont think Germany will beat them 5-0, 2 or 3 - 0 is more realistic a margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭sxt

Ha ha ha usa top the group!!! Feckin priceless.

:

In fairness,they fully deserved to based on the performances in the group.

Is it my imagination or is dunphy talking out his hole again? Defoe & Millner didn't have a good game...??? whats he talking about?

In all fairness defoe defoe played well & Millner ran the legs off himself. I'd agree theres something up with rooney, how many times do you see him off target in the penalty area.

Ah good! the red & white vuvuzelas are still in demand. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

http://www.rte.ie/

LOL at the commentary on the USA v Algeria match when they scored..

"and it's.................(pause;check notes).....LANDON DONOVAN!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

"I think he has worms"

-Mark Lawrenson on a restless Stuart Pearce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Great one on RTE yesterday too...

RTE debating the effects of Sony Playstation on the number of kids playing football on the streets in Europe compared to South America.

Bill : "So Ossie, is it likely that we will see a huge number of talented South Americans coming through for the forseeable future?"

Ossie : "Yes"

Giles : "........ as long as they stay poor"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Is it my imagination or is dunphy talking out his hole again? Defoe & Millner didn't have a good game...??? whats he talking about?

In all fairness defoe defoe played well & Millner ran the legs off himself. I'd agree theres something up with rooney, how many times do you see him off target in the penalty area.

Dunphy is right. I hear that the scum on BBC were chatting up the team as usual. They can never critiscise themselves. They had a poor game.

Millner was useless. Normally he's grand for his club but for England he was shíte. He was petrified and was tiring himself out and not getting anything out of it. He didn't make a good pass except for the goal.

Defoe was probably their best player. Rooney was useless tonight again. Lampard and Gerrard just don't work and it remains that Capello is afraid to leave out one of those two BIG names out of the team. They're "world class" so they must be in the team. :rolleyes:

Dunphy is right and isn't afraid to speak his mind compared to that tripe on the BBC.

Great one on RTE yesterday too...

RTE debating the effects of Sony Playstation on the number of kids playing football on the streets in Europe compared to South America.

Bill : "So Ossie, is it likely that we will see a huge number of talented South Americans coming through for the forseeable future?"

Ossie : "Yes"

Giles : "........ as long as they stay poor"

Today

A sexist Johnny Giles being critical of Gabby Logan's interviewing technique!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭sxt

I think the pundits on bbc are coached / financially encouraged to big up the england team,you can almost see them cringe sometimes when they begin to over the top praise the team

Mick Daly wrote: »
    Today
    A sexist Johnny Giles being critical of Gabby Logan's interviewing technique!

Gabby has two interview techniques. The left one and the right one :pac:

prinz wrote: »
    Gabby has two interview techniques. The left one and the right one :pac:

and a hairy auld cock between her legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

England are through, hurray!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I think I saw an erection in John Terry's shorts.
    and a hairy auld cock between her legs!

<<<---- Glee forum is that way

• Advertisement

<<<---- Glee forum is that way

Ye. I was thinking I didn't mention it in the last two pages! :pac:

Advertisement