Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

I love Johnny too and Eamon Dunphy. It's funny now that Johnny is getting old and rambles on sometimes ans always goes on about "back in his day" and "kids on the street playing football" and "managers spoofing at interviews".

You'd love to give him a big hug.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    perhaps this will be the first good game of the world cup?

You'd think that alright but it'll probably be boring 1-0 or 1-1 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

pmcmahon wrote: »
    perhaps this will be the first good game of the world cup?

Hopefully! Its a pity its not a decider though.

Yesterday's Italy/SLovakia match was brilliant at the end.

And I enjoyed watching Japan yesterday.

I think this competition is definitely improving. The weekend matches are going to be brilliant I reckon. I found myself telling people that I'm not available when the WC is on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ronaldo must be the biggest poser around. The state of him taking the free kick a few minutes ago! :rolleyes: (and I hate using that bastard of a smiley!)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I am liking this referee. Think he is handling the Portugese well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Every time I hear George Hamilton say Maicon I think he's about to say Mike Hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Mick McCarthy on BBC has said "take one for the team" twice already :D

I'm distracted by boards and the internet. This game is boring. Needs a goal or a red card!

dolliemix wrote: »
    I'm distracted by boards and the internet. This game is boring. Needs a goal or a red card!

I think its a great game so far. I love the way the Brazilians can keep the ball even with three or four Portuguese around them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Someone is going to get their marching orders in the Brazil Portugal game before the 90 minutes, very heated, a lot of stupid challenges (and some divers).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Nostalgia time:
    Today is the 20th anniversary of the penalty shootout against Romania that got us into the quarter finals. Put that into yer pipes and smoke it. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

dolliemix wrote: »

That's the problem with society today. Distracted from distraction by distractio.... Oh look it's lovely and sunny outside.

Ronaldo is getting very frustrated - This is Brazil's for the taking.
    So Ivory Coast will only need another 7 goals to qualify if Brazil can score - the excitement is coming (says me optimistically).

That handball deserved a red card

pithater1 wrote: »
    Nostalgia time:
    Today is the 20th anniversary of the penalty shootout against Romania that got us into the quarter finals. Put that into yer pipes and smoke it. :D

Strange. I remember I was supposed to be studying for my Inter Cert but my dad said I could watch the Irish matches. I must have been still doing exams at this stage cos I remember I had to go back up to my room and study after that shoot out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ugh pooooor match

Nostalgia time:

Holy **** balls I'm old! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Nostalgia time:

Just watched this montage clip from RTE from right before we were knocked out of Italia '90.

I recognize a few faces from the clips of O'Connell St around the 8 min mark, they shall get a slaggin when I let them know
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Nostalgia time:

I have a strange memory of that day. I was 4 and my family and I were on our way out to watch the match in the pub. We were waiting for my parents to get out to the car and the boot was open and I climbed up onto the collapsible bit (it was a hatchback) and fell face first onto the driveway. Instead of a family outing to watch Ireland play, we had to drive to Temple Street to get stitches in my lip :(

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

20 years ago......thats mad.....I remember it well....going for a drive by Bakers Corner and the car being rocked from side to side by the supporters on the street......great memories! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Just watched this montage clip from RTE from right before we were knocked out of Italia '90.

I recognize a few faces from the clips of O'Connell St around the 8 min mark, they shall get a slaggin when I let them know
    :p

Jaysus there's was some shocking clothes and haircuts in 1990. :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This match is so bloody woefully awful.

This match is so bloody woefully awful.

Where is the smiley for whistles of derision - this match needs it bigtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is it over? It's hard to tell

lol at johnny giles saying the physio is the most important man for Brazil to keep Kaka in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Jesus,i was raging i had missed the match..till i read this thread. And i see i didn't miss much at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I see the :eek:Daily Mail:eek: has done a Godwin on the German team, and also makes out that half the team wouldn't have been eligible to play for Germany, had they used the old entitlement rules.:o

Perhaps they should remind themselves of English cricket's new golden boy's origins...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1288715/Tons-fun-Eoin-Morgan-batsman-steers-England-day-win-Australia.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I have a strange memory of that day. I was 4 and my family and I were on our way out to watch the match in the pub. We were waiting for my parents to get out to the car and the boot was open and I climbed up onto the collapsible bit (it was a hatchback) and fell face first onto the driveway. Instead of a family outing to watch Ireland play, we had to drive to Temple Street to get stitches in my lip :(

I'd have left you on the driveway & sorted it out after the match. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Nostalgia time:

bloody hell, that makes me feel old

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Jesus,i was raging i had missed the match..till i read this thread. And i see i didn't miss much at all at all.

Here's the highlights for you....

Whistle blows for kick off.
    Whistle blows for half-time.
    Whistle blows for full-time.

Full time score, Brazil 0-0 Portugal.

Advertisement