Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

... the missed goal gave germany an unfair psych advantage

uk 1
    germany 4
    blater -3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    BBC are actually ripping into the English team

There is no way they could so anything else....even if they have all the bias in the world, the english performance throughout the competition was woeful.

moonpurple wrote: »
    ... the missed goal gave germany an unfair psych advantage

uk 1
    germany 4
    blater -3

Eh, not the UK, england... :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Trappatoni is so much cooler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Eh, not the UK, england... :confused:
    same thing :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

My, the English got a right rollicking. This was a muck world cup for them.

Ze Germans have had zeir revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Capellol

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Capello shouldn't have allowed them that drink to settle their nerves and help them to sleep last night!:rolleyes:

pmcmahon wrote: »
    same thing :P

:eek: :mad: :D

So why was half of the UK cheering for germany then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

There is no way they could so anything else....even if they have all the bias in the world, the english performance throughout the competition was woeful.
    Yeah but throughout every other game they went way too positive and I thought post match that they would go easy on England and try and pin the blame on other things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I wonder which German newspaper will have the guts to use the word "blitzed" in its World Cup headline?

Thomas Mueller just said hello to his two Grannies and his Grandad in a live interview ...that's going to make headlines, if anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Poor England.
    But man were they poor!

Still can't see the German's being champions however, don't have much faith in their keeper or the defence.

Looking forward to Argentina Mexico now.

BBC leading the campaign for Capello's removal, they really want him gone after this performance

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Sky news are blabbing on about 1966......FFS......have they no dignity.....take it on the chin.....your crap.....your out......get over it!:rolleyes:

To be fair to the BBC they did not place too much blame at the feet at the linesman instead the majority of the blame was directed towards Capello

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    BBC leading the campaign for Capello's removal, they really want him gone after this performance

I think that he should probably take the team with him.

Heh, the English told us to "Get over it!" when Henry did that deed to us.

Now they know how it feels for a linesman to cheat you! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Duggy747 wrote: »

Yeah. I'm lovin' it.

This has really made my day and my year.

CAn't wait to see the back pages of the Daily Mirror tomorrow. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I hope the British media won't be blaming this outcome on the "goal that wasn't". Better team won today and probably could have scored more if they'd been bothered.

Germany = more skillful, better discipline, better tactics, better movement, better TEAM.

Oh and karma etc ....

Perfect result would be "Germany win World Cup and Sepp Blatter to be offed by some angry English fan."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Duggy747 wrote: »

they didnt really though, tbf most of their coverage was very sympathetic towards the Irish.
    I agree with Brady though, im glad this happened cause it forced Fifa to have a look at things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

tomorrow's headline

"Don't mention the score"

wylo wrote: »
    they didnt really though, tbf most of their coverage was very sympathetic towards the Irish.
    I agree with Brady though, im glad this happened cause it forced Fifa to have a look at things.

Well that was a bit of a broad comment on my part, I meant a lot of English journalists worte pieces about us as a nation frothing at the mouth and "clinging to straws" on getting a place in the World Cup . That and the following weeks I'd seen a lot of comments around the web pretty much laughing at us.

Anywho, yea England have a better chance getting Fifa to do something considering they're bidding to host the World Cup themselves. Though will probably fall on deaf ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mick Daly wrote: »
    This has really made my day and my year.

I thought I was sad.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Here's a few to get ye started, hope im not repeating someone else, havent read the whole thread.

The England team went to visit a South African orphanage. "It was good to put a smile on the faces of people who have no hope and are constantly struggling," said Joseph Umboto, aged six.

Police have charged the man who entered the England dressing room with 'trespassing. Twenty-three others have been charged with impersonating a footballer.

England have got a new coach... It picks them up from Heathrow in the morning.

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

I'm just glad the Germans scored 3 and 4 'cos if they didn't the British media would have harped on about nothing but Lampards disallowed goal.
    Now its just a bitter pill that needs to be swallowed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'm just glad the Germans scored 3 and 4 'cos if they didn't the British media would have harped on about nothing but Lampards disallowed goal.
    Now its just a bitter pill that needs to be swallowed:D

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

A pity they didn't score 5 and 6 as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

So....

Argentina vs Meh-he-ko?

Argentina methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm rooting for Mexico. They did knock the French out afterall :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Well I won't be all that bothered following the cup now that England are out.

Advertisement