Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Im kind of sorry England didnt scramble through somehow today. It would have been alot more satisfying to watch a Maradona led Argentina utterly destroy them in the Quarter final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I'd like to see the over weight ex coke fiend get to the final anyway. Pity they can't play Germany in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

That was a crazy match....the best of the WC so far imo. I was so glad Germany won so convincingly in the end. They ran rings around them. I did feel sorry for Lampard with the disallowed goal but they had plenty of time to prove themselves in the second half and they were just dead! That linesman would have been dead if the Germans hadn't completely outplayed them in the 2nd half. Another day out for me with my friends from Germany!!!

C'mon Argentina!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

dolliemix wrote: »
    That was a crazy match....the best of the WC so far imo. I was so glad Germany won so convincingly in the end. They ran rings around them. I did feel sorry for Lampard with the disallowed goal but they had plenty of time to prove themselves in the second half and they were just dead! That linesman would have been dead if the Germans hadn't completely outplayed them in the 2nd half. Another day out for me with my friends from Germany!!!

C'mon Argentina!

Italy v Slovakia was miles better imo.

Dean820 wrote: »
    Italy v Slovakia was miles better imo.

In the last twenty minutes yes, but the English German match was drama from start to finish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

johngalway wrote: »
    I'd like to see the over weight ex coke fiend get to the final anyway. Pity they can't play Germany in it though.

Speaking of which, it's a bit unfortunate that only one of Germany and Argentina (sorry Mexico but you're not going to beat both of these) will be in the Semifinal when you look the Uruguay+S.Korea+Ghana+USA bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Peronally, any match vs. England would be infinitely more interesting.

Love them or hate them, they bring interest and hype to this tournament.
    Who gives a **** if Ghana meet Argentina, or Brazil meet Chile etc etc.

When ever England are involved it generates the real interest.

We spend the year watching British soccer, British tv, reading British papers etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Argentina look like an under 7 team with the home jerseys and away shorts. Should they not be in their full home strip as winners of the group and Mexico in their away kit? Did the Mexicans mammies forget to pack the away strip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Argentina to win.

Messi and Maradonna. It's a shame that they will have to play Germany though. I doubt Germany would win and wouldn't be able to decide who I'd like to see through.

Germany-Argentina would have been the ideal final.

nocal wrote: »
    Argentina look like an under 7 team with the home jerseys and away shorts.

lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Bleedin Delish

thank God its starting to get interesting at last the whole thing has been really boring so far

Messi should have passed there. He's dying to get a goal.

The WC is getting more interesting now that all the trash like France and England and the poor Italian team are out.

Would rather have seen USA than Ghana. Who gives a fúck about African pride and all that manure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

walshb wrote: »
    Peronally, any match vs. England would be infinitely more interesting.

Love them or hate them, they bring interest and hype to this tournament.
    Who gives a **** if Ghana meet Argentina, or Brazil meet Chile etc etc.

When ever England are involved it generates the real interest.

We spend the year watching British soccer, British tv, reading British papers etc...

It is a pity they are so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Mick Daly wrote: »
    Who gives a fúck about African pride?
    I wanted Ghana to get through as they are the only African team left in a WC held in Africa. They deservely got through and hopefully they can go further and do Africa proud

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The Mexicans are giving this a bit of welly.
    C'mon!

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    I wanted Ghana to get through as they are the only African team left in a WC held in Africa. They deservely got through and hopefully they can go further and do Africa proud

Uruguay are looking very strong.

And Holland the dark horse in the other section

It only takes one bad game and you can be knocked out. However I do see Uruguay winning this match comfortably and can see them getting into the final if they continue on current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm hoping Mehico take out the Argies tonight. If they do then my prediction of the finalists will be much more likely to come true

• Advertisement

Oooh! Another linesman mistake

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

'E was offside.
    FFS.

A bit offside

The linesman looks sick after that mistake

This game has red cards written all over it now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What if a ref or linesman makes a mistake like this in the final? There will be riots!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

FFS-goals being given that aren't goals, goals not been given that are goals, this world cup is fcuked up!

Offside.

On the Big Screen.

BUT

He can't change his mind. If he did it would be worse. That would really rub salt in the English wounds (which I suppose wouldn't be a bad thing.)

Hehehe

PS.

Fúck you Septic Tank Blatter.

It's all your fault.

• Advertisement

vuvuzelas are doing my head in.

Advertisement