Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Andy Gray on SSN is pushing for Shearer, Hoddle or Becks to take on the England job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Mick Daly wrote: »
    Wouldn't you love to share a bed or something with Maradona.

Eh, not really. Tho I guess if I had to share a bed/prison cell with a bloke he'd be top of the list

(he's hung like a mouse)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

walshb wrote: »
    Peronally, any match vs. England would be infinitely more interesting.

Love them or hate them, they bring interest and hype to this tournament.
    Who gives a **** if Ghana meet Argentina, or Brazil meet Chile etc etc.

When ever England are involved it generates the real interest.

We spend the year watching British soccer...

Maybe you do. English soccer is crap. I'd rather watch paint dry.

World Cup is better without them. We can settle down to watch the masters at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

dolliemix wrote: »
    Ha Maradona helping out the Mexicans and getting the ball for them!

He really is a nice guy. When his team is 3-1 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Pherekydes wrote: »
    He really is a nice guy. When his team is 3-1 up.

Unlike Heinze , who seems to be a bollix no matter what the score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

bonerm wrote: »
    Unlike Heinze , who seems to be a bollix no matter what the score.

How come people don't like Heinze?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Batchelors FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

dolliemix wrote: »
    How come people don't like Heinze?

'Cos their sauce is watery crap and much inferior to Bachelors!

(That's what I get for being a slow typer).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Ads are stupid. "July on RTE2: you know it." ****. That Meteor house party looks crap, where's the vomit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

so many people are crying into tacos right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

English take aways have announced they will hand out free Frankfurters and Hamburgers for every goal scored against Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    TACO POWER
    AlcoholicA wrote: »
    so many people are crying into tacos right now

If it wasn't funny the first time, it won't be funny again. Try here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Ads are stupid. "July on RTE2: you know it." ****. That Meteor house party looks crap, where's the vomit?

"Worlmh muhp bumph uhhh oh! RTE 2!"

That's all I hear when I see those f***ing ads with yer man's headwrecking voice. Jesus Christ.

Ardiles and Hamann have been finds tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

linekar..."We would never have beat argentina"...!

(am crying tears for them...not)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

James Corden is going to kill himself watching this

fingers crossed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

If it wasn't funny the first time, it won't be funny again. Try here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Germany were awesome and ripped up England in a thrilling way.

But anybody that thinks that being unfairly denied a legitimate goal (a goal that would have put England level within ten minutes of going two-nil down and all that that psychologically implies) when the Germans were on the ropes might not have affected the end result of the game - despite the emphatic end result - knows nothing about football or is a incorrigible ABE.

Time for change.

Thankfully a big gun was screwed over tonight so FIFA can't ignore it they way they ignored us.

P.S I love Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Biscuits Brown

Help!

(sorry if this has been asked before)

what is that kid shouting at the commercial break? you know it's part of the south african theme

sounds like he is saying 'ginap-o' or something.

what is it and what does it mean. tx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Help!

what is that kid shouting at the commercial break? you know it's part of the south african theme

KeNako. It's a phrase that means friendship and unity I believe. You can see it on some of the stadiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Biscuits Brown

Tyranax wrote: »
    KeNako. It's a phrase that means friendship and unity I believe. You can see it on some of the stadiums.

great thanks for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

BBC are still raving about the England game.

Would they focus on the task at hand - this match.

All that was in the past. As usual the hype up the team beforehand. You have Shearer and Hansen saying that they are champions and world beaters. Half time they feel sorry for themselves over the disallowed goal and now, after the crisis, they tear the team to shreds and tell us the team are crap.

Lost the remote?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

K-9 wrote: »
    Lost the remote?

LOL

ITV commentator has an orgasm when he realises that the ball was over the line.

The sick eejit. How does it feel now? Taking the piss out of us after Henrygate

LOL

ITV commentator has an orgasm when he realises that the ball was over the line.

The sick eejit. How does it feel now? Taking the piss out of us after Henrygate

Never watch ITV because of that crap. BBC have been quite fair and balanced this WC, they didn't under estimate the USA like the RTE dinosaurs.

As for RTE, I remember Dunphy writing stuff like Ireland could win the WC in 1990 so.......................

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Never watch ITV because of that crap. BBC have been quite fair and balanced this WC, they didn't under estimate the USA like the RTE dinosaurs.

As for RTE, I remember Dunphy writing stuff like Ireland could win the WC in 1990 so.......................

Well Dunphy is a great person.

We could have got to the quarter final or semi in this WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The USA who Giles fancied to beat Ghana?

Also in 1990 we had a team chock full of talented English First Division players, several who had won League Titles, FA Cups and European cups. Sadly for us they weren't allowed play football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

KerranJast wrote: »

Also in 1990 we had a team chock full of talented English First Division players, several who had won League Titles, FA Cups and European cups. Sadly for us they weren't allowed play football.

Add the words conviction and guile to this post and I'd be convinced Dunphy is in fact a boardsie.

Jokes aside, you're right. It's a bit of a taboo subject, critiquing Italia 90 but why should the greatest glory of Irish football be, essentially, drawing four and losing one of five games? Fair enough, given it was our first World Cup, getting to the quarter final is a decent achievement but the manner in which we got there is hardly something to scream about. I'd genuinely love to see those players, at that time, with a footballing football manager in charge.

KerranJast wrote: »

That's because Giles under estimated Ghana! He is stuck in the 60's, hence is references to 66. Hilarious.

Agree with you on the rest. That wasn't the context I was replying to.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Waiting to see how the English media portray the loss tomorrow in the tabloids. Simple answer they were never good enough and simply over hyped team of individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Brazil vs spain/germany final

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Help!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bullsh*t ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Advertisement