Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Auld Faceboy between the sticks is keeping Slovakia in it so he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Slovakia certainly deserve a goal here

Slovakia certainly deserve a goal here

I do love a bit of extra time so I do.

All over now. 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Love Sneijder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Just quickly re:England/Germany match.

Jesus, there's an awful lot of whinging (and the odd racist) cunts on here.
    England didn't play well, but is there any need to start going on about 'English scum' and all this kind of bullshit? It's a game FFS.

I watched the match yesterday in Strathclyde University Student Union bar, in Glasgow; at the All Britain Fleadh. A mainly English crowd, about 2/3, with a good few Scots and Irish there too, but there was no malice - actually, it was a fantastic atmosphere; a bit of banter from the Scots but it was all in good humour.

Some people here really need to grow up and get over themselves. We played badly in a sports game, stop using it to spew 'RA-head rubbish.

Germany played well though, fair play to them

Wesley Sneijder was a boy who liked to play football..... until one day he wakes up to find that he is a football. And he's about to find out that life isn't such a walk in the park when you're getting kicked around one.

This summer Wesley Sneijder is "The Football"

Durp ah durp durp.

Consolation peno!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

2-1...

Final whistle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

brummytom wrote: »

Jesus, there's an awful lot of whinging (and the odd racist) cunts on here.
    England didn't play well, but is there any need to start going on about 'English scum' and all this kind of bullshit? It's a game FFS.

I watched the match yesterday in Strathclyde University Student Union bar, in Glasgow; at the All Britain Fleadh. A mainly English crowd, about 2/3, with a good few Scots and Irish there too, but there was no malice - actually, it was a fantastic atmosphere; a bit of banter from the Scots but it was all in good humour.

Some people here really need to grow up and get over themselves. We played badly in a sports game, stop using it to spew 'RA-head rubbish.

Germany played well though, fair play to them

Ah yeah. I know what you mean.

I really hate the likes of Alan Shearer and Alan Hansen who hype the team up even after a poor gruop stage and them rip them up after they lose against Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

re tevez offside goal

Everyone says he was offside, but there has to be one player between him and the goal for it to be offside.....like in normal offsides, the goalies are on the line...thats the one player between striker and goal.
    But with Tevez, there was no defender or goalie between him and the goal so he was ONSIDE!!!! God Damn it!! =D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

re tevez offside goal

Everyone says he was offside, but there has to be one player between him and the goal for it to be offside.....like in normal offsides, the goalies are on the line...thats the one player between striker and goal.
    But with Tevez, there was no defender or goalie between him and the goal so he was ONSIDE!!!! God Damn it!! =D

Nice try. But the rule doesn't say "exactly one". He was offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

Looks like some new controversy coming down the road for FIFA...1st there was the "hand ball", then the goal that never was and now it's "ambush marketing"

Will Sepp never learn!!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

brummytom wrote: »

It was dealt with at the time by the mods and condemned by other posters, no need to be England's defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I hate sepp blatter's fat sneery head. The sooner hes gone the better. He's a fcuking dinosaur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Wesley Sneijder was a boy who liked to play football..... until one day he wakes up to find that he is a football. And he's about to find out that life isn't such a walk in the park when you're getting kicked around one.

This summer Wesley Sneijder is "The Football"

Durp ah durp durp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEUjleBtQlI

Metallica on RTÉ? Cue calls to Joe Duffy about our children being turned into devil worshippers by our national broadcaster.

Paul Williams=The_Citizen?

javaboy wrote: »
    Metallica on RTÉ? Cue calls to Joe Duffy about our children being turned into devil worshippers by our national broadcaster.

Paul Williams=The_Citizen?

That's actually going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

orourkeda wrote: »

Did Southpark steal AnonoBoy's idea?

Did Southpark steal AnonoBoy's idea?

Imagine that. The cheek of them.

• Advertisement

orourkeda wrote: »
    That's actually going to happen.

I hope so.

Joe joe have you actually listened to the lyrics of this filth? There's undercurrents of paedophilia all through that song and everything Joe!

That Marilyn Monroe is a scourge so she is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Pyridine wrote: »
    Looks like some new controversy coming down the road for FIFA...1st there was the "hand ball", then the goal that never was and now it's "ambush marketing"

Will Sepp never learn!!? :D

Some good surnames they picked for him...
    A spokesman for FIFA confirmed that the Japanese football federation was approached with suggested alternative names for the player, including Keisuke Kia, Keisuke Hyundai, Keisuke Kia/Hyundai and Keisuke Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Looks like Chile are gonna make a game of it.

Chile are really up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Ah sure god loves a trier!

nocal wrote: »
    Ah sure god loves a trier!

Take it to the rugby forum rugby-boy!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Why are the Chileans firing in shots from fricking 40 yards out all the time? Get it in the box ffs. It's Brazil you're playing, not barnsley!

(Awaits chile scoring a 40 yard screamer)

(Awaits chile scoring a 40 yard screamer)

Awaits Chile v. Barnsley charity match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Lucio's sweating mad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i just want to see goals

Advertisement