Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

rte sports department

contact number

Tel: 01-2083396

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Kiera wrote: »
    Yup and thats only by looking at their faces and legs. Nothing to do with the footy :)

If this thread is going to turn into a "which footy players are the hottest" then I suggest a mod locks it right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

ascanbe wrote: »
    Yeah, they did during the earlier game too, apparently. There's some serious idiots out there..

Oops my bad, had him on redial..:o. ..Joe, Joe, I mean Bill, I am callinin from Borris-in-ossory about them vuvuwhatyemecallits. Would you ever turn them off Bill :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

naughto wrote: »
    rte sports department

contact number

Tel: 01-2083396

lol

Ive emailed them and i might ring them later after another few drinks for the craic and to wreck there heads:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

bonerm wrote: »
    If this thread is going to turn into a "which footy players are the hottest" then I suggest a mod locks it right now!
    Give me a break, there are over 100 posts about horns ffs!

• Advertisement

Yup and thats only by looking at their faces and legs. Nothing to do with the footy :)

There's money to be made in that you know. You could advertise it as a nixer, company for all the World Cup widows :pac: I know one lady who'd be delighted to have someone to discuss faces and legs with while the matches are on.

prinz wrote: »
    There's money to be made in that you know. You could advertise it as a nixer, company for all the World Cup widows :pac: I know one lady who'd be delighted to have someone to discuss faces and legs with while the matches are on.
    And the big horns? :D

/ok i'm getting too excited. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

if the football was any good you wouldnt take as much heed of the horn yokes but seeing that its a sh1t game ya hear it more.

I love the idea of ringing RTE and complaining about the vuvvzelas (as tho they're to blame for it)

It's like ringing Fox News on the 9th November 2001 and complaining because some aeroplanes just crashed into the Twin Towers (actually not that far fetched now that I think of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Match-so-boring...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Cant wait for Monday's Liveline re:Vuvuzelas

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Not as loud on BBC but hate their commentators.

RTE's audio seems a lot more bassy than the BBC's. I think that's adding to the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

rovert wrote: »
    Cant wait for Monday's Liveline re:Vuvuzelas

"We need to get dem banned Joe before the childers start pickin dem up and playin with dem. We're goin to be protesting in Johannesberger to get dem things banned."

DarkJager wrote: »
    "We need to get dem banned Joe before the childers start pickin dem up and playin with dem. We're goin to be protesting in Johannesberger to get dem things banned."

Joe Duffy: Now Tom, Tom relax Tom, don't be blowin' yer own trumpet Tom hehehe /Joe Duffy

RTE's audio seems a lot more bassy than the BBC's. I think that's adding to the problem
    Yup but even after messing with the sound on my TV it still didnt make it any better, and its crap without sound so mute isnt an option :(

I love the idea of ringing RTE and complaining about the vuvvzelas (as tho they're to blame for it)

It's like ringing Fox News on the 9th November 2001 and complaining because some aeroplanes just crashed into the Twin Towers (actually not that far fetched now that I think of it).

It wouldn't be too hard for RTE to sort it out in fairness. Their sound engineer could cut the feed from the pitch or at least reduce the treble on it which would dampen them a bit. I hope FIFA make a quick decision to ban them. Why the **** should I have to watch these matches on mute because the host country want to blow into a ****ing pipe for 90 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

haha, Henry's shot blocked by a handball!

Serves the snakey little thief right. Now all I want is for him to break both his hands, his legs, his spine and his neck and karma is well and truly served.

Serves the snakey little thief right. Now all I want is for him to break both his hands, his legs, his spine and his neck and karma is well and truly served.

I'd settle for France going out at the group stage without scoring a goal.

It wasn't handball. It was ball-to-hand. Very important.

• Advertisement

Zinedine Kilbane for the late recap. Woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

prinz wrote: »
    I'd settle for France going out at the group stage without scoring a goal.

Tomato tomayto

lmao rory mcilroy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

And his bollix, face, his teeth, his jaws and every one of his ribs

orourkeda wrote: »
    And his bollix, face, his teeth, his jaws and every one of his ribs

Now you've got the hang of it!! Is there anything else he can break that we can hope for??:D

Now you've got the hang of it!! Is there anything else he can break that we can hope for??:D

A nail? Knowing him he probably goes for manicures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This video won South Africa the World Cup bid:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

You mean 11th September don't you? Or is this some 'in' joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Eamon Dunphy and Johnny Giles in 1994

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SFZVjiQO2k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Mick Daly wrote: »
    Eamon Dunphy and Johnny Giles in 1994

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SFZVjiQO2k

Bill hasn't aged a bit!

Advertisement