Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

wanrek wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Spain Vs Portugal game tonight. I reckon Portugal will do them.

They might win the game too. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wanrek

They might win the game too. :p

In future I'll choose my words carefully :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pherekydes wrote: »
    What? If you don't read the Star you're a yuppy? LOL.

Never said that...

It's the mentality, "I'm far too good for the Star." Now, there is the yuppie....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I actually saw ashley cole and king laughing getting off the plane yesterday on the news and I though fair f**ks to them. Nobody's died. The English are obviously completely over rated by their own press so they shouldn't have to act like they were coming back from a funeral like in these pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Blocked for me.
    What does it say?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

What's even funnier is Cole and King of all the squad have every right to laugh having played well and been injured respectively whereas Rooney who had a mare is praised by the paper. You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

FIFA are set to look into goal line technology-i'll believe it when i see it!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29062010/58/world-cup-2010-fifa-consider-goal-line-technology.html
    FIFA president Sepp Blatter has apologised to England over Frank Lampard's disallowed goal and confirmed that the use of goal-line technology is back on the agenda.
    Lampard's effort during England's 4-1 defeat to Germany was ruled out even though the ball clearly crossed the line and has led to renewed calls for the introduction of technology, while Mexico were also victims of a refereeing error against Argentina.

"I have spoken to the two federations (England and Mexico) directly concerned by referees mistakes. I have expressed to them apologies and I understand they are not happy and that people are criticising," Blatter told a media briefing in Johannesburg.
    "It is obvious that after the experience so far in this World Cup it would be a nonsense to not reopen the file of technology at the business meeting of the International FA Board in July.
    "Personally I deplore it when you see evident referee mistakes but it's not the end of a competition or the end of football, this can happen.
    "We will naturally take on board the discussion on technology and have first opportunity in July at the business meeting of the International FA Board."
    Blatter added: "It happened in 1966 and then 44 years later - though it was not quite the same.
    "I apologised to England and Mexico. The English said 'thank you and accepted that you can win (some) and you lose (some), and the Mexicans bowed their head and accepted it."
    Sunday night's match between Argentina and Mexico had also thrown up a controversial incident, with Carlos Tevez scoring the opening goal from a blatantly offside position, but the FIFA president added that the IFAB would only look again at goal-line technology and not video replays.
    "The only principle we are going to bring back for discussion is goal-line technology, " he said.
    "Football is a game that never stops and the moment there was a discussion if the ball was in or out, or there was a goal-scoring opportunity, do we give a possibility to a team to call for replays once or twice like in tennis?
    "For situations like the Mexico game you don't need technology."
    Blatter added that FIFA will launch a new initiative to improve refereeing standards later this year.
    "We will come out with a new model in November on how to improve high level referees," he added. "We will start with a new concept of how to improve match control. I cannot disclose more of what we are doing but something has to be changed."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Blather wrote:
    "Football is a game that never stops"
    What sport have you been watching Sepp? The Argentina-Mexico game was stopped for 3 or 4 minutes because of players protesting (and rightly so).

• Advertisement

super-rush wrote: »

Lol! I've seen this before....love the bit around 1.10/1.20 when he lures Pearse (the Psycho) into a sense of false security and then........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Just popping in to say that The Star is a turd of a newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

They should be fitted with microchips to make sure they get a sharp pain in their balls every time they laugh.
    No more laughing ever for any england players.
    How dare they?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

super-rush wrote: »

Psycho Pearce won't be sitting down without permission again.
    Poor fella was getting battered:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

That webpage makes me feel sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Eamon says he expects this to be a stalemate and go to peanalties and that he has his dinner ordered for 6.30:D

Eamon says he expects this to be a stalemate and go to peanalties and that he has his dinner ordered for 6.30:D

He should go straight to the dessert course. He's badly in need of some sweetness in his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Eamon nearly died there

Ronnie had to take over as he was chokin' his guts up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek: Just as they went to break you could hear them asking Eamon if he was okay.

Eamo does a Tommy Cooper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

walshb wrote: »
    Never said that...

It's the mentality, "I'm far too good for the Star." Now, there is the yuppie....

"My brain is too important to subject it to that trash, ergo I'm a yuppy...", makes no sense to me.

Anyway, now that Ingurland are out they'll probably stop covering the World Cup, so no point in reading it even for its soccer coverage.
    alwaysadub wrote: »
    FIFA are set to look into goal line technology...

...and then dismiss it. They don't like technology.

I wonder when the next stagecoach will be along to take Herr Blatter to his next match?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

did para and spain in a double come 10 to night hope to be 70euro better off

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Come on Paraguay. Have them to win 2-0. I really don't believe that this will be as close as people seem to think.

As for tonight's game I've got Portugal/Spain @28/1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

That_Guy wrote: »
    Come on Paraguay. Have them to win 2-0. I really don't believe that this will be as close as people seem to think.

As for tonight's game I've got Portugal/Spain @28/1 :)

No chance!
    ;)

:eek: Just as they went to break you could hear them asking Eamon if he was okay.

Féck I missed that. I'm laughing at the thoughts of it though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mathie wrote: »
    No chance!
    ;)

We shall see my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Should've ordered the ambulance for 6:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

dolliemix wrote: »
    Féck I missed that. I'm laughing at the thoughts of it though! :D

"Ronnie, Ron please help me"

Mick Daly wrote: »
    "Ronnie, Ron please help me"

Looks like thats going to be the most dramatic incident in this game so far!

Came across this last night! Brilliant! How Brady, Giles and O Herlily manage to stay so clam is beyond belief.

• Advertisement

Looks like Eamon is still there. TG!

Advertisement