Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

That ref is giving Ronaldo nothing. In fairness he deserves it but all things being equal he should have got a free back there. He was blatantly pushed....

Holy...was Capoodevela acting there or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

dolliemix wrote: »
    That ref is giving Ronaldo nothing. In fairness he deserves it but all things being equal he should have got a free back there. He was blatantly pushed....

Holy...was Capoodevela acting there or what?

its assimilation, not acting! silly!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I feel sorry for the Portuguese goalkeeper.. he's worked his socks off tonight amongst a very poor defence. And where the hell is Ronaldo?! Useless. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I'm not seeing any contact for that to be a red unless they have not shown the right replay. Disgraceful play acting anyway, the cameras showed Capedevila looking up before clutching his face and rolling around in agony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

In fairness, Spain have been really poor in this tournament. Lost to the Swiss & beat Chile & Honduras who were very average teams. Portugal's tactics tonight were all wrong & they're going out because of it. Next up for them will be Paraguay, another average team.

Presmuming they get past them, their first real test will be Germany or the Argies. If the Germans get at them, they will destroy their dodgy defence as they know how to attack.

I agree with you, but I was referring Mike's comment saying the 1-0 lead wasn't deserved. Spain could be a few up by now and have been the only team trying to play football. Portugal's tactics have backfired big time. Spain will improve as the tournament moves on IMO. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Portugal have been awful tonight - tactically they got it all wrong. They were set up to frustrate Spain, but never really attack them properly.

It all got a bit surreal when Ronaldo was looking over to Quieros asking him what the hell was he doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Portugal have been awful tonight - tactically they got it all wrong. They were set up to frustrate Spain, but never really attack them properly.

Good RTE pundit quoting;) I agree with it though, portugal have been boring throughout the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

Looks like Nike TV curse may be true, Cristiano Ronadlo is out. Are we going to end up watching non Nike stars .. Germany Vs Dutch.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

It all got a bit surreal when Ronaldo was looking over to Quieros asking him what the hell was he doing.
    To be fair to Queiroz, he's not going to take tactical advice from a lad who can't read or write.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Spain will improve as the tournament moves on IMO. :)
    Everyone keeps saying this but Spain have not improved at all since the 1st match, they have faced a succession of average teams and have not impressed against any of them. They will face a tired Paraguayian team and will stroll that game but then they face an Argentenian/German team who have hit the top performances. For Spain to win they need all their players to perform not just Villa. I can not see Spain winning the WC on this form.

• Advertisement

Good RTE pundit quoting;) I agree with it though, portugal have been boring throughout the competition.

Hardly. Anyone watching the match could see how dreadful Portugal were. The manager got it wrong here with his tactics, big time.

Hardly. Anyone watching the match could see how dreadful Portugal were. The manager got it wrong here with his tactics, big time.

Eh, what I was saying is that they have been ****e for the entire competition. In my opinion, they employed the same tactics as tonight for the entire World Cup.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Everyone keeps saying this but Spain have not improved at all since the 1st match, they have faced a succession of average teams and have not impressed against any of them. They will face a tired Paraguayian team and will stroll that game but then they face an Argentenian/German team who have hit the top performances. For Spain to win they need all their players to perform not just Villa. I can not see Spain winning the WC on this form.

You could be right but we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Eh, what I was saying is that they have been ****e for the entire competition. In my opinion, they employed the same tactics as tonight for the entire World Cup.

I was saying you don't need the RTE's pundits to point the very obvious out for you like you said.."Good RTE pundit quoting"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I normally don't pay attention to ads but that ad with the customer from AIB id driving me mad!

I can't relate to her at all. She's talking about how she remembers putting her communion money in an account with AIB

You could be right but we'll just have to wait and see. :)

I don't think Spain have a hope of winning the World Cup. If they are lucky, they'll get Argentina in the Semis & jam it into the final, but if they get there, there's no way on earth that they'll beat Brazil.

The only team I could possibly see beating Brazil is Germany. Having said that, I'm not convinced they'll make it all the way as a lot of their players are lacking the experience it takes to win a tournament like this. They do however, without doubt, have the skill & set-up to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Off he goes! Great acting.

Busquets taught him well

dolliemix wrote: »
    I normally don't pay attention to ads but that ad with the customer from AIB id driving me mad!

I can't relate to her at all. She's talking about how she remembers putting her communion money in an account with AIB

That bitch from Terenure. "I was born in Ternure, I met my husband in Terenure. I still live in Terenure"

Well, guess what... you're going to f*cking die in Terenure too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Awww man, I was watching that match with my Portuguese flatmate... It's probably lucky that I didn't understand what she was shouting at the TV! :D

I don't know what the hell the Portuguese players were doing though, and Spain were irritating me with their time-wasting - I know it makes sense to stay ahead once you've scored, but watching them pass the ball to each other without doing anything else was really really boring

Fishie wrote: »
    Awww man, I was watching that match with my Portuguese flatmate... It's probably lucky that I didn't understand what she was shouting at the TV! :D

I don't know what the hell the Portuguese players were doing though, and Spain were irritating me with their time-wasting - I know it makes sense to stay ahead once you've scored, but watching them pass the ball to each other without doing anything else was really really boring

Is she hot?

• Advertisement

Is she hot?

Sure, and she's single, but we live in London :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

ryanair does great deals these days ya know...is she up for a four baller?

I don't care where you live. I'm married. I just wanna see pics. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

I think Spain lack the cinviction and guile needed to win the World Cup. If we look back at the Germany's and the Brazilians of past generations we see how industrious they were all around the park. Spain are a team of midfielders and the defence are strung out, lack pace and the fundamentals needed to play at the highest level of the game.

I was saying you don't need the RTE's pundits to point the very obvious out for you like you said.."Good RTE pundit quoting"

Dry up. It was a joke.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    ryanair does great deals these days ya know...is she up for a four baller?

You never know, she could do with some cheering up after that match... She could do with a lot of experience and a strong performance, both of which are things the Portuguese team were lacking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Capdevila should be banned for the rest of the tournament. I mean, there's play acting and there's just taking the piss, and then there's what he did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

tolosenc wrote: »
    Capdevila should be banned for the rest of the tournament. I mean, there's play acting and there's just taking the piss, and then there's what he did...

True. Sub-standard, cods such as himself ruin our game and this is why the game of soccer is viewed upon with large grins by our other classic sports of golf and rugby. People like this fella need to be sorted out and slapped with a fine. The only way to get at him is through his pay packet. It should be riddled and that's the only way we'll put a stop to this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

This Pironkova bird is hawt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

laugh wrote: »
    This Pironkova bird is hawt.

Wrong sport. Wrong gender. Wrong forum. Wrong thread.
    And what's really upsetting is that after extensive google image searching she isn't even that hot!
    What happened all the hot female tennis players? I think they just quit and became minimally dressed soccer fans.

Advertisement