Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Awww Jaysus i still having a ringing in my ears:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

We should assemble a crack troop of horn players and send them to the Eurovision next year. About as welcome as Mary Harney ****ting herself in a room with no windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jennyfer

Those horns have to go, its not even funny!? Seriously gonna ruin the World Cup for me, cant watch a match listening to that for 90 mins? My head is still thumping! And having to mute it is crap! Imagine you'd paid all that money to be there and then some a-hole sitting beside you with one of them? I would be literally snapping :mad: mentally and every God damn stupid plastic horn in sight...am SO annoyed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

DarkJager wrote: »
    Now you've got the hang of it!! Is there anything else he can break that we can hope for??:D

yeah, his banjo string, then he would just be blowing vulvas, sorry vuvuzelas, all day long...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

bonerm wrote: »
    I love the idea of ringing RTE and complaining about the vuvvzelas (as tho they're to blame for it)

It's like ringing Fox News on the 9th November 2001 and complaining because some aeroplanes just crashed into the Twin Towers (actually not that far fetched now that I think of it).

???????? You live by the Tajikistani calender year or something???? :confused:

Ban those darn horns by the way, head wrecking...although I guess they do sound better then royal britannia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

yoo hoo, its all about to start again, any odds on how soon dunphy says 'baby'

aparantly RTE are getting a complant a minute about the horns, bloody hell, what do they think they can do about it. this is a job for joe duffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

No Dunphy.

Darragh Maloney with Denis Irwin and Ronnie Whelan for the afternoon games.

Bill and the boys this evening for the Three Lions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

you get used to the horns.... or maybe just living in this house ive learned to drown out annoying noises...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Squegee

AAAARRRRGHHHH!

this is gonna ruin the whole fcukin World Cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Dean820 wrote: »
    You mean 11th September don't you? Or is this some 'in' joke?

9/11=the 9th of November. :D
    irish-stew wrote: »
    aparantly RTE are getting a complant a minute about the horns, bloody hell, what do they think they can do about it. this is a job for joe duffy.

They could put in a band filter after the crowd mics and before the commentary. Or just see about cutting out the crowd mics altogether. I'd rather hear no crowd noise and just commentary than that horrible drone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Did you know...

Ronnie has a daughter!

Ronnie-Elizabeth_I_531546t.jpg

i'm kinda getting used to the horns now

<wonders if the panel will be wearing their new shirts tonight>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

why dont they have cool mascots like american football teams, that would be fun. greece cud have like a sad piggybank guy. korea could be a tiger like frosties.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Why do North Korea allow a team to take part in intrenational sporting events and then ban anyone from watching it on TV?

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    why dont they have cool mascots like american football teams, that would be fun. greece cud have like a sad piggybank guy. korea could be a tiger like frosties.

probably cant afford it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Cheerleaders only work well in sports where there's a lot of stopping and starting in play (eg American Football, Basketball or Professional Wrestling).

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

irish-stew wrote: »

do really think they gona a hoot what joe duffy thinks or says,, they will laugh is face or blow the vuvlaza down his ear

glossy wrote: »
    do really think they gona a hoot what joe duffy thinks or says,, they will laugh is face or blow the vuvlaza down his ear

was that intentional

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nigeria's keeper is savage

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Nigeria's keeper is savage

racist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

rovert wrote: »
    racist

Troll.

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Troll.

*slow handclap*

I was joking :rolleyes:

Im mean seriously

rovert wrote: »
    *slow handclap*

I was joking :rolleyes:

Im mean seriously

Careful now, you don't want to get this thread locked too. Anyway back on topic Nigerian keeper has made a couple of quality saves.

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Careful now, you don't want to get this thread locked too.

Sorry if you didnt get that I was joking. Ill make sure Ill make all my posts more literal and serious in the AH forum...

I didnt get the thread locked the Soccer mod making homophobic slurs to defend a largely homophobic sport got the thread locked it was operating fine until that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

And the French could have a giant fat frog, or maybe even a Cheetah! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Reckon an equalizer is coming up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Can we try to keep this thread off topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Oh right, eh....The Nigerian Jerseys are nice.

• Advertisement

Definitely fancy Argentina for another one.

Advertisement