Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

All that football teached us tonight is that if you cheat (Suarez) you will win. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

they're missing a good few players through suspension and possible injury against Holland though so no chance in that match really

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I hope the Netherlands demolish those cheating bastards

poor Ghana

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I can't believe they're saying that the handball wasn't cheating. And alongside all the ranting about goal-line tech.. unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

He didn't cheat. It was the only thing he could do to keep them in the game.

I'm so upset for Gyan and Ghana....I'm comfort eating with the stress and sadness of it all.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

That fella would have looked like an awful twat if he missed

dolliemix wrote: »
    He didn't cheat.
    Yes he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Handball is NOT cheating, FFS. It's a breaking of the rules - the same as kicking an opponent, pulling a shirt etc etc.

It's not even a sending off offence - unless you do it to stop a goal being scored. So, FFS, quit it with the "cheating" b*lloxology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lets bomb Uraguay!

He handballed hoping it wouldn't be seen he's a low dirty cheat.

mike65 wrote: »
    Lets bomb Uraguay!

Yeah - let's bomb Paraguay too! They're all ghauy bastards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All the same to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

I just hope Suarez doesn't get a chance to play in a WC final...sends all the wrong kind of messages about the so called beautiful game!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

If Robbie Keane did that tonight and Ireland were in the last four you'd all be **** yourselves sidweways about what a national hero he is.

fkt wrote: »
    If Robbie Keane did that tonight and Ireland were in the last four you'd all be **** yourselves sidweways about what a national hero he is.

Too right I would! It was the last few seconds of extra time - he had to do it! Funny things happen at the goal line.

It definitely would have gone in - but them are the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

mike65 wrote: »
    He handballed hoping it wouldn't be seen he's a low dirty cheat.

wouldn't be seen??
    what gave you that impression?

Instictive reaction to keep his team in the game at the cost of a sending off. Right decision, I'd certainly do it and I'm sure he'd do the exact same thing again, as would any professional player when that much is riding on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Handball is NOT cheating, FFS. It's a breaking of the rules - the same as kicking an opponent, pulling a shirt etc etc.

It's not even a sending off offence - unless you do it to stop a goal being scored. So, FFS, quit it with the "cheating" b*lloxology.

So as long as your not French it isnt cheating?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Viva La Celeste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Suarez was selfless. Gave his team a chance of reaching the semis by getting a red and missing the next match. He has a brain alright.

Just because you see it as patriotic doesn't make it not cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

fkt wrote: »
    Too right I would! It was the last few seconds of extra time - he had to do it! Funny things happen at the goal line.

It definitely would have gone in - but them are the rules.

No **** on the goal line please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

In fairness, deliberate handball on the goal-line should be like a penalty try in rugby. Goal and a red card. Differentiation being certain goal and certain goal scoring opportunity.

HUP HOLLAND!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Instictive reaction to keep his team in the game at the cost of a sending off. Right decision, I'd certainly do it and I'm sure he'd do the exact same thing again, as would any professional player when that much is riding on it.
    True. There's a big difference between 'cheating' and just pure instinct. It's what most people would do to stop their team getting knocked out; it's not like he had time to think through his cunning plan.
    Cannot believe how bad Ghana were at penalties though.

So as long as your not French it isnt cheating?

No - it's not cheating, regardless of who the f*ck you are. This has annoyed me since the Henry handball.. everyone jumped on the "cheating bandwagon", which was started, rather stupidly, by the RTE panel after the game in Paris.

Of all people - they as ex-professional footballers - should have known better.

I never put Henry down as a cheat anyway. It was really bad umpiring. He was lucky to get away with not being seen and he's admitted that.

And as sorry as I feel for Ghana they had three more chances to score penalties that would have kept them in and they just didn't perform!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

tolosenc wrote: »
    In fairness, deliberate handball on the goal-line should be like a penalty try in rugby. Goal and a red card. Differentiation being certain goal and certain goal scoring opportunity.

HUP HOLLAND!

+1 motherfúcking one man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

regardless of whether it was instinct or not when the event happened, the subsequent footage on ITV of him jumping around with joy when the Ghana player missed was pretty disgusting (although I appreciate that if I was from Uruguay, I wouldn't give a f8ck)

I never put Henry down as a cheat anyway. It was really bad umpiring. He was lucky to get away with not being seen and he's admitted that.

Very true. Also, what a lot of people seem to forget, is that if Gallas hadn't have finished off the move by scoring, the handball would have been as quickly forgotten about as Robbie Keane's handball during the first half, where he deliberately tried to control the ball with his hand to get France on the break.

The only difference between the two handballs, is that his was seen by the ref.

tolosenc wrote: »

HUP HOLLAND!

Yes. They should change all the rules to Rugby rules. Or maybe a hybrid mix of the rules from Rugby, American Football, Golf, Tennis & Pole Vaulting.

Yes. They should change all the rules to Rugby rules. Or maybe a hybrid mix of the rules from Rugby, American Football, Golf, Tennis & Pole Vaulting.

lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

What rules from Golf? You call your own fouls?

Advertisement