Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Live In Running World Cup Thread for After Hours.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

DarkJager wrote: »
    And Iniesta, probably the best actor on the spanish team, spent the whole match diving around the place even going as far to flip over 4 times for a trip he caused himself and the ****er gets the winning goal. He should have been off before extra time even started. But again, the referee was ****.

He got man of the match - must of done something right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

blueser wrote: »
    As opposed to a team who were determined to kick their way to the trophy? De Jong and Van Bommel should have been sent off before half time. Good enough for the Dutch cloggers (see what I did there, eh?).

Ha, I like the idea of the pair of them kicking their way into the Spanish dressing room and taking the Cup by force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

An awful shame when a bunch of diving drama queens win the world cup. Holland should have won it. And the referee was an absolute disgrace.

Yup, the Spanish guy who played on after getting a kung-fu kick in the chest, complete with studs, is a real "diving drama queen" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

only the ref

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

And Iniesta, probably the best actor on the spanish team, spent the whole match diving around the place even going as far to flip over 4 times for a trip he caused himself and the ****er gets the winning goal. He should have been off before extra time even started. But again, the referee was ****.

Regardless of fouls ,if any team deserved it for superior play it was spain ,for the goalkeeping and play .

Spains goalkeeper made the match for me ,thats why spain won.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Iker Casillas was the real MOTM tonight.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Yup, the Spanish guy who played on after getting a kung-fu kick in the chest, complete with studs, is a real "diving drama queen" :rolleyes:

Agreed. That was a real X-rated challenge on Alonso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R21mBGEIq5c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

spain played better despite a rubbish match. they played more fairly me thinks! yay for spain for winning the world cup! glad its over....:p but had some hotties....ah the talent of some of them spanish players mmm! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Forlan got the best player award

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Does this all mean that there will be loads of drunk Spanish girls out an about tonight?

hmm, wonder if any will be out in sligo

• Advertisement

Top scorer and player of the tournament. You'd have got some odds on that combo I reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

well deserved, he scored some crackers

apres ftw! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Thank god its over.39_14_25.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

well deserved, he scored some crackers

Fecking hit the cross bar in the last minute last night too.

Wonder what got goal of the tournament. Villas' individual effort was the best I thought, barring Lampards! :p

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

apres match, possibly the best part of tonights coverage

K-9 wrote: »

Wonder what got goal of the tournament. Villas' individual effort was the best I thought, barring Lampards! :p

Possibly Van Bronkhursts goal v Uruguay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

K-9 wrote: »

:D
    If there's an internet pole for best goal socrer we're gonna have to flood it with Lampard votes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Glad for Forlan, the most consistent player in the tournament.

lampards disallowed goal against germany, voted one of the goals of the tournament by RTE

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Van Bronkhursts was class.

Just liked the individual brilliance of Villas'.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The scene a few mins ago at Spanish Arch in Galway.. Would love to be headin out tonight..

If video doesn't work, it's cause I uploaded to youtube on my phone cause i've no laptop.

irish-stew wrote: »

Dunphy's description ,pizza commercial :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

I don't know if it's the Spanish superior genes, but some of the players look crazy old for their age

Pique is a fine looking specimen for a 23 year old and Busquets is 21!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

^ one of the funniest apres matches imo

Eddie Van Halen, Karen Mulder, Dennis Bergkamp, Jos Verstappen, DJ Tiësto, Vincent van Gogh, can you hear me, your boys took a hell of a beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

irish-stew wrote: »
    Eddie Van Halen, Karen Mulder, Dennis Bergkamp, Jos Verstappen, DJ Tiësto, Vincent van Gogh, can you hear me, your boys took a hell of a beating.

I think it was the Spanish that got the beating....

Holland just lost the match.

• Advertisement

Only 1432 days until the World Cup!

Advertisement