Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Display Calibration

• 11-06-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi All

Just want to ask if anybody would have display calibrating hardware for rent, or if you knew where I can calibrate it. Just bought canon camera ,spent a lot on it, do not have spare cash to buy something as spider or other calibrating hardware. I would pay something for rent, I am based in Clondalkin, Dublin 22. Any help from you guys would help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭goldseeker

anyone? It is photography forum,is nobody calibrating monitors prior to editing photos in photoshop? I am asking becouse my photos looked so good on my screen,after I saw digital prints I was shocked,I have 550d,canon,50mm 1.8f. Shots are sharp and good,but not in digital prints :)
    Any help on that mater would help
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Sorry, can't help. my monitor is set by eye, which isn't the best way. I find my prints turn out slightly darker than they display on screen, but they turn out just as sharp. I find they look better in print really. Someone else should be able to help you a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 king angels

The calibration settings depend on the make of the monitor, the ambient lighting in the area you have your monitor set up, as well as the amount of calibration your monitor gives you. Look up the calibration section in your users manual and adjust it until you get what looks best to you. There is no one universal setting, as the appearance of the display depends greatly on ambient (room) lighting, and on the variations in the build of your monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

While the colours might not be accurate if the monitor is not calibrated it shouldn't affect the sharpness of shots.

Are you printing at home yourself or using the machines in a camera shop?

If its at home and you're printing with photoshop make sure that you select "let photoshop determine colours" option in the print dialog box. In your printer's settings make sure any photo fix settings on the printer are disabled, see item circled in red below.

photo_settings.png

For a crude calibration set the brightness of the screen to 50% and select 6500K in the color options for your monitor(using the buttons on the monitor itself).

You could also join your local camera club, http://www.clondalkincameraclub.com/, who may have a spider or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

Are you saving and printing at 72dpi, by any chance? Calibration won't affect sharpness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭goldseeker

Hi all,thanks for all your help.
    I am printing in fuji photo shop in lifey waley shoping centre :)
    Do not have printer yet.My monitor is LG.Just found in its setings how to set to sRGB.will try to to compare between original photo and printed.

Advertisement