Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Northwest Motors Sligo

• 11-06-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Has anyone ever had any dealings with this dealer in Sligo. I have arranged in principal to buy a car from them. But I have being subjected to some strange goings on in the past 24 hours.

I was meant to collect the car last night when he (Declan) said his wife was in a crash in Donegal and he diverted and postponed sale. I rang his colleague (John) this morning and asked how his wife was. He said oh she just has a head cold!

When I spoke to Declan later he said her car got a good smack but the wife is fine!!!! Sounds like John knew nothing of the crash or no crash happened.

Then he said he heard some rattling in the ball joints whilst driving last night and said he would fix them this morning.

Its a 07 2.0 TDI Highline Passat for 15k. Should I be wary as the price is less than the mkt value but the cartell and garda checks are clean as a whistle.

Does anyone know if these guys are good, honest, reputable dealers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Sorry that should read Northwest Car Auctions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 evie101

Hi
    Just wondering what happened in end with that car, as I see its still for sale?? Looks great and good price. Am looking for passat myself but do you think i should steer clear of this one?? As you siad car checked out ok, but maybe its just the guys themselves are bit weird?

Its all very odd as I checked everything out, got my mate to do a Garda check on the owner and car and it all came back clean.

He said there was something wrong with the wishbone and that I was better off staying away from it as I sounded like a nice guy for asking about his wife, crash etc! So be warned maybe they are willing to dupe some unwilling customer.

I ended up getting an A4 down in Al Hayes motors in Portumna and he has a great selection of cars, Passat and Audi's included.

Em sounds bit strange, I enquired about it and they're willing to take 15k for it alright. have also just got garda check on it and you're right its sound. Might bring a mechanic mate to look it over if thats case. I know they're only an auction room so there'd be no come back on it for warranty. Might look at that delaer in Portumna.
    Thanks for info

They offered me 12 month warranty, but you would have to wonder if its a good car at that price surely it would have found a buyer through the auction!

• Advertisement

Cant believe they offered you 12 month warranty, they told me there'd def be no warranty and they wanted cash only if possible. Was it Declan who agreed warranty? Did you call to the place in Sligo or just meet Declan somewhere?? I've chatted to him and he seems nice enough. Is very good price for that spec of car. But like you say whey didnt it sell at auction, Did they tell you anything about owner...gave me some story about him being local and not needing car as he had van. If therei s prob with wishbone I wouldn't be too worried as can fix it easy enough, as long as engine is sound. Just very bizarre that you practically had it bought and then they put you off it.You dont think perhaps Declan wanted to keep it for someone else and then it fell thru...mind you am sure he would have called you back.

Advertisement