Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden hose kinking

Options
  • 11-06-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions as to prevent a garden hose kinking ? I've tried a hose holder and also just winding it up carefully but it always seems to kink. I'm now using a water butt instead of the water main so I need to keep the hose kink free to ensure a good flow.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭looksee

They are all inclined to kink a bit, but better quality ones kink less. Our cheapo one has to be flicked around as you use it to stop the kinks. The main reason for kinks happening is when you get a loop and pull on it rather than unwinding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Only solution I found to this problem was to buy better quality hoses. They have more reinforcement in them, and rarely kink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

^^^agree with above, better to buy a kink-free hose, cost a little more, but with no more hassles, leaving you more time to enjoy 'the kinks' !

Advertisement