Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long dog leads ban in greater Manchester Suberb.

Options
  • 11-06-2010 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

A greater Manchester suburb is bringing in a law that will impose penalties of up to £1,000 for those using leads of over 2M.

The council states that this new law will reduce the number of fouling fines.

se4rqw.jpg

This is ridicules, the way around this is to use an elasticised leads. :D

Could we see the same applying here?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/england/manchester/10292958.stm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I can see why that'd make sense on roads and in towns, but not in parks. And the reason is stupid, if people don't want to pick up dog poo then they won't anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I don't think that it will encourage more people to clean up after their dogs, but shorter leads in residential areas is a good idea. There's nothing worse than going for a walk/run and getting caught up in a dog's lead because the irresponsible owner couldn't be bothered retracting the lead when meeting a walker/runner on the footpath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

convert wrote: »
    There's nothing worse than going for a walk/run and getting caught up in a dog's lead because the irresponsible owner couldn't be bothered retracting the lead when meeting a walker/runner on the footpath!

Yep, or people letting their dogs annoy people or snap at people/dogs! I don't mind dogs coming up to say hello, but some people do.

Advertisement